TV Home Forum

Oneness on lockdown - new idents for BBC One

Split from BBC Oneness - idents and presentation

JF
JetixFann450 Central Reporting Scotland

A simple but effective solution for BBC One would be to take some video footage of the BBC 'one' blocks used on The One Show in different scenic locations across the UK.

Funny you mention that:

Do you even read these?
MA
Meridian AM Meridian (South) South Today

A simple but effective solution for BBC One would be to take some video footage of the BBC 'one' blocks used on The One Show in different scenic locations across the UK.

Funny you mention that:

Reminds me of this:

90 days later

RA
radiolistener
I rarely watch the BBC these days but Oneness is still utterly dull and rather patronising.
JL
JamesLaverty1925 Central (East) East Midlands Today
Appeal for contestants on The Wheel. Can we take that as a confirmation or recommission?
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member Central (West) Midlands Today
Appeal for contestants on The Wheel. Can we take that as a confirmation or recommission?

No. First thing any contestant appeal says on the online form/application will be along the lines of "we propose to make the show but do not promise to actually make the show". The appeal will be more to do with having people who want to partake if the broadcaster says yay. If they say no, well it'll either go bye bye to another network (interest pending) or go bye bye altogether and your application either goes onto something else from the production company or into a shredder.
JO
Jonwo

No. First thing any contestant appeal says on the online form/application will be along the lines of "we propose to make the show but do not promise to actually make the show". The appeal will be more to do with having people who want to partake if the broadcaster says yay. If they say no, well it'll either go bye bye to another network (interest pending) or go bye bye altogether and your application either goes onto something else from the production company or into a shredder.

The BBC has released a press release confirming a second series of The Wheel and it will be 16 episodes.

15 days later

KE
kernow
The announcer on BBC One referred to the channel as "One" twice just now.

He said "next on one" during the end credits of Musicals: the Greatest Show, and then said "now on one" during the ident into The Serpent.
JF
JetixFann450 Central Reporting Scotland

He said "next on one" during the end credits of Musicals: the Greatest Show, and then said "now on one" during the ident into The Serpent.

Even more evidence it wouldn't make sense to brand it as "BBC TV"? Wink
Do you even read these?
SC
Si-Co Tyne Tees Look North (North East)

Pretty unusual really. Used to be commonplace until the 90s, but I thought it was a no-no in these brand-conscious days.
CEEFAX SUBTITLES BEGIN SHORTLY
SP
Steve in Pudsey Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
Only time I've heard that recently was when a region time shifted stuff and did their own continuity.

As you say it used to be commonplace, so much so that when the presentation dept launched a Sunday morning Children's BBC strand they called it "Now on Two"
Write that down in your copybook now.
HC
Hatton Cross Central (West) Midlands Today

Why do I have a dreadful image of a marketing brainstorm (Perfect Curve-esque) where someone says "Does anyone actually call it the BBC Iplayer anymore? "I call it the Iplayer, so why do those voices say over those film before the programmes starts that this is BBC One? Get them to call it One, and there's more time to promote another programme before the next one".

Please, Mr Newmarch if you are reading this - restore order and get the annoucers to call it BBC One everytime.
We do not need to dilute or be embarrased about calling it BBC at this point in it's history.
Readers are warned that this post contains some flash photography
MU
MrUdagawa Tyne Tees London
In general the BBC One evening announcers are so overly cutesy. What has happened? Can't we have a semi-serious even adult sounding voice like we used to have? Rather than the patronising ones we hear that sound like they're narrating teletubbies.

Newer posts