TV Home Forum

Oneness on lockdown - new idents for BBC One

Split from BBC Oneness - idents and presentation (April 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JL
JamesLaverty1925
Is there a problem with BBC One play out today? Noticed there was no announcement over the credits of Garden Rescue (but menus were up), then no announcement into the news, which had a static start of titles before Reeta appeared.
AS
Asa Admin
I half caught that and wondered if I just wasn't paying much attention but no, that was how it went out. Unusual for Pres and News to be having trouble. Unless they were unsure whether the news could be aired until the last second?

TV
TV Times
I do believe Ashleigh Whitfield was the announcer on BBC One last night - doesn't she work from Salford and not London? I seem to remember a few months back that continuity could now be operated from either location - maybe the fault was Salford based?

On another note I heard Phil Vowels on BBC Two last night - haven't heard him for ages, plus he introduced himself in the 7pm link.
JL
JamesLaverty1925
I see BBC One have an hour to fill on Saturday now. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-54537761

11 days later

JL
JamesLaverty1925
New ident tonight https://twitter.com/DuncanNewmarch/status/1320029522973151233
CL
clarky
๐Ÿคž๐Ÿผ For something new. Not just more lockdown zoom style ****
Sh1ruba and JamesLaverty1925 gave kudos
FA
fanoftv
Cue speculation ahead of disappointment.
Ghost, JamesLaverty1925 and cmthwtv gave kudos
TL
Tyler LastName
Well he said some may think itโ€™s purrfect, so maybe it might have something to do with cats?
BA
Ballyboy
Cat Naps were the ident
JL
JamesLaverty1925
"They don't do a lot, do they?"

Oneness in a nutshell
AndrewPSSP, Universal_r and Brekkie gave kudos
JA
JAS84
๐Ÿคž๐Ÿผ For something new. Not just more lockdown zoom style ****

It's called Cat Naps, and sorry, it is indeed another "lockdown Oneness" ident.
HT
HTV Best
Good God BBC One, give it a rest!

Newer posts