TV Home Forum

The Million Pound Cube

Split from ITV Programming Thread (September 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DA
davidhorman
Wasn't the entire point of NOT revealing the identity so that people couldn't go and ask the person how to complete the challenges?

Err, no? It's not like the Body actually has to play through the whole game within the time alloted, or even at all. She just has to stand where she's told to.

It probably wasn't revealed before because, as the Daily Mail "article" (I read the whole thing and good grief it's poorly written - about ITV were FORCED to apologise for the sound issue and viewers were "defeated [sic]" when the sound came back) shows, her identity just isn't very interesting (no offence to her, she's had a career and sung with the Spice Girls, apparently, but it's not like she's Christine Bleakley).

I doubt ITV had anything to do with the revelation, it's just the Daily Mail cranking out yet another non-story for their website, and the woman in question getting a bit of self-promotion.

She's not the current Body anyway.
SS
SuperSajuuk
Err, no? It's not like the Body actually has to play through the whole game within the time alloted, or even at all. She just has to stand where she's told to.

Well, the way I read it even on some other sites (not the daily mail), it implied the Body played every game to perfection but I guess those sites were wrong or just made an assumption

You're probably right about the rest though.
PA
PATV Scunthorpe
They may sometimes play the games in a close to real time way, though I’d imagine they just get the shots needed

The Instagram account for the person revealed to be the previous body has posted a few examples of filming, the most recent being the game revealing the red poles without knocking them over, which is done at a slower rate

https://www.instagram.com/andrianna_christofi/
Last edited by PATV Scunthorpe on 23 October 2020 9:29pm
DE88 and SuperSajuuk gave kudos
PE
peterh
Phil used to say that but whether it’s truth is another question
JO
Johnr
Another game that should be nowhere near the £2,000 level!
JO
Josh
The Cube featured on Gogglebox tonight, with Mo Gilligan commentating which is ironic considering he played the same/similar games on the Saturday!
BR
Brekkie
Johnr posted:
Another game that should be nowhere near the £2,000 level!

Or just contestants that shouldn't be anywhere near The Cube?

Interesting now reading the Bothers Bar report from the original pilot with Justin Lee Collins in 2008, which I think was destined for C4 originally IIRC.

Apart from a tweak to the money ladder only two major changes in the format from pilot to broadcast - ditching a pointless game to win up to 9 lives and more relevant to this series the pilot had a banking element which gave them a safety net at a level of their choosing.

https://www.bothersbar.co.uk/cellar/june2008.htm
JO
Johnr
You have one life remaining and you still have the Swap lifeline!

Erm, not quite sure how that works Phil!
DE88, Jon and Universal_r gave kudos
JO
Jon
Yes good point, another situation where the swap lifeline is completely useless.

There are two suggestions I’ve seen that I agree with. I would allow unlimited swaps, because I don’t think it’s that useful and would probably only be used once or twice a run at most. I’d also add a safety net at £25,000 as there is no trial run now and might encourage more to go for it.

Although I wouldn’t bet on there being another series.
JO
Josh

JO
Jonwo
Have they said what network is airing it? I know it was WarnerMedia who acquired the US rights so I'm guessing it'll be one of their cable networks like TBS.

38 days later

BR
Brekkie
Australian version confirmed. Seems they've had far more success selling the format second time around.

https://tvtonight.com.au/2020/12/andy-lee-to-host-the-cube-for-10.html

Newer posts