TV Home Forum

ITV's current presentation

Kids Create returns for March (September 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
VM
VMPhil
ITV advertised that Craig & Danny show as "Craig & David: Funny, Black & On TV" which was rather embarrassing. As is showing a picture of Red Dwarf on one of the TV screens during the credits and the image is cropping out the two black cast members!

Reminds me of Stephen Fry saying how people would come up to him and say how much they liked ‘A Bit of Hugh & Laurie’.

Surprised someone would type out the title rather than copy and paste to avoid mistakes like that - although it may have been misspelt from wherever it was copied from!
JA
james-2001
Someone clearly had Craiiiiiiiiiig David on their minds

DJ Dave and JetixFann450 gave kudos
PF
PFML84

Odd choice as well for the picture of Red Dwarf for this promo, the two black characters are on the edge, and anyone watching with TV settings not optimised lose Craig completely on the right and the 3 white cast members (one of whom is a guest star at that) are quite prominent in comparison.
TE
tesandco Founding member
Third week of ITV Creates for Black History Month kicked off at 6am today with work by King Owusu. I'm glad to see they now vary this 'new art' morning announcement a bit more than they used to as the barely-ever-varying script last year became quite tedious. Personally thought the art itself was a bit basic this week mind, but it might look better in some of the other edits.

Video

8 days later

DB
dbl
They got artist Dreph in for this week, his work has been seen in Shoreditch (London), Tate Modern and on EastEnders:

Liking the detail around the ITV logo (and an accurate shape!)
Last edited by dbl on 22 October 2020 5:20pm
:-(
A former member
I'm sure this was used in a special 'ITV presents' advertisement during Saturday or Sunday evening. Does anyone else recall this, as I only caught it out the corner of my eye at the time?!
TE
tesandco Founding member
Some extra post-production effects added on this weeks to simulate security camera footage too, as opposed to relying solely on clever camera angles.

(Oh, if you have earphones and fancy the modern day throwback to links from the 80s and 90s which would often end with a clunk of the microphone, the 1.30pm junction had someone clicking a mouse at the end too! Very Happy)

Cold Open and Alfie Mulcahy gave kudos
BR
Brekkie
I'm sure this was used in a special 'ITV presents' advertisement during Saturday or Sunday evening. Does anyone else recall this, as I only caught it out the corner of my eye at the time?!

Theres been an Uber eats one running lately but it's different to this.
:-(
A former member

Ah thanks. Did it have the ITV logo made up with a ring of lights? That's all I recall from this weekend and seeing the new ident this morning it seemed similar.
BR
Brekkie

Ah thanks. Did it have the ITV logo made up with a ring of lights? That's all I recall from this weekend and seeing the new ident this morning it seemed similar.

Yes it did.
DB
dbl

(I'll update the post as I go along in caps)
Last edited by dbl on 25 October 2020 3:30pm - 2 times in total
DB
dbl

(Oh, if you have earphones and fancy the modern day throwback to links from the 80s and 90s which would often end with a clunk of the microphone, the 1.30pm junction had someone clicking a mouse at the end too! Very Happy)

<snip>

Oops, sounds like the announcer forgot to trim out the mouse click, as daytime continuity on ITV is pre-recorded.

(common issue at my work as well)

Newer posts