TV Home Forum

This Morning

Social distance no more thanks to clever tech. (p184) - 16/04/18 onwards (April 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BR
Brekkie
I think the story there was one of entitlement from Amanda. Christine Lampard arguably had as much of a claim to stand in but didn't kick up a fuss. Rochelle was more about looking forward, plus she was on the payroll too.
WH
Whataday Founding member
I think the story there was one of entitlement from Amanda. Christine Lampard arguably had as much of a claim to stand in but didn't kick up a fuss. Rochelle was more about looking forward, plus she was on the payroll too.

That's not quite true, well according to Amanda anyway. ITV had already told her she was getting the job so she cleared her diary in anticipation. Then they withdrew the offer at the last minute. They told her over lunch and apparently let slip that Phillip influenced the decision.
Cando, Soupnzi and Jonwo gave kudos
RD
RDJ

Oh I can well believe that. In fact in the book he says ITV wanted someone else (thought to be Emma Forbes) to replace Fern as they felt Holly lacked gravitas, and he basically said he would leave if Holly didn't get the job.

Going by what he says in the book (I don't want to ruin it too much for those that haven't read it) it seems a former Page 3 girl might have been in the pecking order, if it wasn't for a slightly nerve-racking start on their trial show filling in for Fern one day.
AD
adamiow

Christine had just given birth, so wasn't in the running. She'd probably have been the choice if she was available.
BR
Brekkie
RDJ posted:
Richard and Judy are back as guests on Thursday. But it’s unclear who will be filling in for Eamonn and Ruth on Friday this week. I’m assuming it won’t be them if they’re on as guests the day before.

It’s been a year since they first filled in on the October half term Friday last year.

It's Dermot and Alison on Friday.

It's also the episode she is editing, which she claims will be Coronavirus and Lockdown free.
MA
Meridian AM
RDJ posted:
Richard and Judy are back as guests on Thursday. But it’s unclear who will be filling in for Eamonn and Ruth on Friday this week. I’m assuming it won’t be them if they’re on as guests the day before.

It’s been a year since they first filled in on the October half term Friday last year.

It's also the episode she is editing, which she claims will be Coronavirus and Lockdown free.

Full of her being stupid and nonsense items no doubt.
DM
DeMarkay

Or it'll be This Morning pre-lockdown.
BA
Ballyboy
Is this morning not gonna collide with BBC One’s morning live show?
Last edited by Ballyboy on 22 October 2020 1:07pm
MA
Meridian AM
Is this morning not gonna collide with BBC One’s morning live show?

No, BBC is 9.15 - 10.00.
BA
Ballyboy
Ah right, I’m gonna give it a watch, just see how good or bad it actually is
JO
Jonwo

You do know it’s This Morning and not Politics Live.....
Jory, cmthwtv and Matthew_Fieldhouse gave kudos
DW
DavidWhitfield
...which she claims will be Coronavirus and Lockdown free.

Well, something needs to be!
Good on them if so for providing people with some much-needed escapism.
Too much doom and gloom and bad news everywhere you look.
People need stuff like this.
Good on her!

Newer posts