TV Home Forum

Coronavirus - Impact on live/recorded shows

Several talk programmes have cancelled studio audiences (March 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JO
Johnr
There's an article here regarding some of the changes they've had to make for University Challenge

https://www.devonlive.com/news/devon-news/university-challenge-exeter-bbc-coronavirus-4619102
BR
Brekkie
Quick screencap and format suggestion.

fanoftv, Hatton Cross and DE88 gave kudos
JO
Johnr
Interesting that ITV2 have started showing Hell's Kitchen USA Season 19 from this evening, it was filmed quite a while back (back to back with Season 20 too I think) but it is still yet to air in the USA...and probably won't be until 2021 now!
SH
Sh1ruba
So MTV's Europe Music Awards are to go ahead as planned, but like their American counterpart, the VMAs this year, it'll be a virtual ceremony.

Little Mix, in case you haven't heard, are now joining the ranks of Tom Jones, Robbie Williams, Borat, Heidi Klum and most recently, Latina superstar Becky G as hostesses of the show, the first group to do so.

They'll also be performing one of their new songs from their album, "Confetti".
Also like this year's VMAs, there's no arena show, well not until 2021, so all the performances are to be pre-recorded from various locations across Europe such as Hungary and London.
This is their cool, animated 80s superheroine promo, which looks very nice animation-wise.

My congratulations to the girls, hopefully they can deal with the nervousness that comes with hosting these events. Cos, anything can happen.
Like Kanye West interrupting Taylor Swift with his infamous "Imma let you finish" line at the 2009 VMAs.

So much that Katy Perry, the host of the 2009 EMAs in Berlin, interrupted his part in the nomination video for Best Urban Act. Kanye lost to Jay-Z fortunately.
Last edited by Sh1ruba on 22 October 2020 9:15am - 3 times in total
JO
Jonwo
Watching the Bargain Hunt retrospectives this week and much like the Location, Location, Location retrospective which aired a few months back, the early 2000s clips have not aged well.
:-(
A former member
First Mock The Week since COVID tonight. Same sort of setup as Have I Got News For You with Perspex screens between panellists. Strangely they’ve gone for socially distanced audience plus Zoom audience, who sound a bit weird and tinny laughing along.
BR
Brekkie
The Last Leg set seems to work quite well - just adding a glass table at the side of the chairs really tricks the eye into closing the 2m gap.
JKDerry and Meridian AM gave kudos
JK
JKDerry
The Last Leg set seems to work quite well - just adding a glass table at the side of the chairs really tricks the eye into closing the 2m gap.

I wonder why they decided not to have a studio audience - I know Graham Norton and Jonathan Ross returned with reduced audiences in the same studio The Last Leg use.
BR
Brekkie
Because they felt it wasn't appropriate. Remember most shows will be pre-recorded early evening too.
EL
eladkse
It was an interesting seating arrangement to say the least.

Josh and Alex, as mentioned, in seperate chairs. With a third chair for a guest. So far, so good.

Except they had three guests, so two of them sat next to Adam (with completely different chairs and glass tables).

And then they brought a doctor on, and had him sit facing away from the cameras on a wheelie chair in front of them all.
BR
Brekkie
I suspect that moving forward with the regular series (last night it was an extended SU2C special) they'll probaby have just the one studio guest and one contributing via the screen.
BR
Brekkie
The Pride of Britain Awards air next Sunday on ITV with the winners being doorstepped by celebs to receive their awards.

Newer posts