The Newsroom

ITV News

Split from ITV News 2013 Rebrand

AM
AlfieMulcahy Meridian (South East) South East Today
Just seen a trailer for ITV News with the Tagline 'Independent TV News is what we stand for'

The font wasn't reem and looked an awful lot like the Guardian's front.

Edit: Silly late night mixup between Rieth and Reem 🤦‍♂️
Last edited by AlfieMulcahy on 17 October 2020 11:38pm - 2 times in total
Hello, I'm using WhatsApp
VA
valley
Just seen a trailer for ITV News with the Tagline 'Independent TV News is what we stand for'

The font wasn't Reith and looked an awful lot like the Guardian's front.

Why would ITV be using Reith in any case?
MB
Media Box

The font wasn't reem and looked an awful lot like the Guardian's front.

Edit: Silly late night mixup between Rieth and Reem 🤦‍♂️

News to me. Did anyone manage to capture this?
AM
I took a photo of the end of the trailer.
Media Box, BiggieSMLZ and Ballyboy gave kudos
BR
Brekkie Wales Wales Today
Surely Independent Television News is what they actually stand for.
Turns out nobody had 2020 vision.
IT
Ittr

Looks like Reem to me, not sure where your point about it being the Guardian's font originates from Confused
VM
VMPhil Granada North West Today
Surely Independent Television News is what they actually stand for.

Wouldn’t that be SITN? Wink
AM
Ittr posted:

Looks like Reem to me, not sure where your point about it being the Guardian's font originates from Confused

It's just the end of the trailer. There is other text throughout the trailer not in reem.
BA
Ballyboy Recently warned UTV Newsline
The other text looks like reith
RK
Rkolsen World News
Since it mentions independent news. I’m curious how much input does the ITV network have on the newscast? I know they own the largest chunk of ITN. But if there’s a big story about ITV in a negative light (like that talk show suicide) could they ask it to be struck?
Don’t let anyone treat you like you’re a VO/SOT when you’re a PKG.
BR
Brekkie Wales Wales Today
Since it mentions independent news. I’m curious how much input does the ITV network have on the newscast? I know they own the largest chunk of ITN. But if there’s a big story about ITV in a negative light (like that talk show suicide) could they ask it to be struck?

That's not how British television news really works - and I suspect if someone in the ITV management tried to do that it would backfire spectacularly.
Turns out nobody had 2020 vision.
JK
JKDerry Recently warned UTV Newsline

Unlike the US networks, interference from the management of ITV in ITN would be unacceptable and it would be reported to the regulator Ofcom who would come down like a tonne of bricks on ITV management.

Newer posts