TV Home Forum

The Chase | Beat the Chasers

Beat the Chasers S2 launches Sun 3 Jan

NW
nwtv2003 Granada North West Today
They’ve been doing that for weeks now. I believe it’s a repeat of the New Celeb show that airs 12 hours earlier on Saturday night.

Ahh, can’t say I’ve noticed that before now.
steve
steviegTVreturns
AS
Ash101
They’ve been doing that for weeks now. I believe it’s a repeat of the New Celeb show that airs 12 hours earlier on Saturday night.

Ahh, can’t say I’ve noticed that before now.

I noticed it a few weeks ago when scrolling through at that time.

Is that time still ITV Breakfast? Do they not have commitments to kids shows at the weekend anymore? Although it’s only a simulcast of CITV Channel I think? Not very up on the ins and outs...
JA
JAS84 Yorkshire Look North (E.Yorks & Lincs)
Yeah, 7 days a week, 6am to 9.25 is Breakfast - so they should be showing CITV, not The Chase.
BR
Brekkie Wales Wales Today
They have been showing an extra hour on Saturdays due to Kate Garraways show not happening so that'll be their justification. Strange though - not like ITV couldn't squeeze it in later in the day.

Just to note from the promo of the Aussie version of Beat the Chasers it confirms the minimum offer will still be for 2 chasers, so they just get one less offer to take with their being a Chaser less. I thought they might drop the lowest offer to 1 chaser but I think having the three offers is sufficient and then mirrors the main game.
Last edited by Brekkie on 4 October 2020 3:57pm
Be nicer and more tolerant to each other. Them's the rules.
BA
bilky asko Tyne Tees Look North (North East)
They have been showing an extra hour on Saturdays due to Kate Garraways show not happening so that'll be their justification. Strange though - not like ITV couldn't squeeze it in later in the day.

Just to note from the promo of the Aussie version of Beat the Chasers it confirms the minimum offer will still be for 2 chasers, so they just get one less offer to take with their being a Chaser less. I thought they might drop the lowest offer to 1 chaser but I think having the three offers is sufficient and then mirrors the main game.

It's not "Beat The Chasers" if you only have to beat one.

Avatar Credit: © Independent Television News. Avatar Subject: Jonathan George Snow HonFRIBA
Rexogamer, Jon and Ghost gave kudos
BR
Well it's hardly a "Chase" if you're chased by someone sitting down either.
SP
Steve in Pudsey Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
Tell that to police pursuit drivers.
Write that down in your copybook now.
Rexogamer, DeMarkay and Brekkie gave kudos

14 days later

BR
The first socially distanced celeb episode airing now. Also it is rumoured the new Chaser will debut on Tuesday.
TI
This Is Granada UTV
The first socially distanced celeb episode airing now. Also it is rumoured the new Chaser will debut on Tuesday.

Brad still shaking hands. If they're doing all this social distancing then going in for a hand shake kinda contradicts the message "Hands, Face, Space".
Bring back the UTV! Bring back Julian & Gillian!
JO
Jonwo

Brad still shaking hands. If they're doing all this social distancing then going in for a hand shake kinda contradicts the message "Hands, Face, Space".

I'm sure Brad washes or sanitises his hands after each contestant so it wouldn't be a huge issue.
BA
Ballyboy Recently warned UTV Newsline
Apparently the chase celebrity special is on at 7:30am tomorrow morning?
BR
Read back a few posts.
Jonwo posted:

I'm sure Brad washes or sanitises his hands after each contestant so it wouldn't be a huge issue.

It is the simplest thing we're asked not to do. Hugging them as well.

Newer posts