TV Home Forum

The Sport Thread

For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own

GE
thegeek Founding member London London
Jarv posted:
Wonder if they'll even be Sky/BT productions or whether the PL will just throw the international service on there.

It's more of less business as usual - Lynsey Hipgrave presenting pitchside, Ian Darke and Glen Hoddle on comms. There was a different title card, and they've got BT Sport Box Office mic windshields and branding on the podium.

All of this weekend's matches have the Premier League's 'No Room for Racism' branding, so graphics are a lot more monochrome than usual.

Many adverts?

None, only internal promos (including one for next weekend's UFC PPV)
HC
Hatton Cross Central (West) Midlands Today
So, basically promote the PPV games in and around existing PL coverage on usual subscription channels and nowhere else.

Seems like a decision born out of compromise.
That said, for those that brought Chelsea-Southampton it cost £2.49 per goal Very Happy
Readers are warned that this post contains some flash photography
HA
harshy Founding member
Did Sky use their own presentation for its Ppv coverage?
MI
Michael
Sky's advert for its GAA coverage has a very out of place use of Helvetica/Arial in the final slide.
UK
UKnews
Did Sky use their own presentation for its Ppv coverage?

A friend who saw it told me it was straight to the commentators 5 minutes before KO and no post match interviews or anything else afterwards.

Quite the contrast with BT’s efforts.
HA
harshy Founding member
Yeah nothing fancy presentation wise why was I expecting much more because it was £14.95 lol.
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member Central (West) Midlands Today
Yeah nothing fancy presentation wise why was I expecting much more because it was £14.95 lol.

More fool you if you bought a PPV just to see some fancy presentation. You don't go to the stadium to admire the paintwork, you go to watch the match. Likewise if you're going to PPV you want to see the game, not to admire the graphics, surely?
HA
harshy Founding member
I didn’t buy it for the presentation just wanted to watch a decent midlands derby...

Just wanted to report on the lack of presentation compared to BT.
BR
Brekkie Wales Wales Today
I think if you're paying a premium price though you expect a premium product.
Turns out nobody had 2020 vision.
BR
Brekkie Wales Wales Today
I assume the ISL International Swimming League coverage on the red button/iPlayer is being provided by the ISL themselves. It is absolutely terrible - brash American commentators and the screen covered in meaningless scrolling information. The studio parts with Jenny Drummond and Mark Foster are much more watchable, but really this is one of the worst examples of a sport trying to be trendy and appealing I've seen.
Turns out nobody had 2020 vision.
gordonthegopher and Jon gave kudos
CL
clh Tyne Tees Look North (North East)
I assume the ISL International Swimming League coverage on the red button/iPlayer is being provided by the ISL themselves. It is absolutely terrible - brash American commentators and the screen covered in meaningless scrolling information. The studio parts with Jenny Drummond and Mark Foster are much more watchable, but really this is one of the worst examples of a sport trying to be trendy and appealing I've seen.

Then made worse by the fact whoever designed the graphics has clearly never heard of overscan and safe zones.
DV
dvboy Central (West) Midlands Today
I don't know how credible this is

Tennis on telly | Hello, good evening, and remain indoors.

Newer posts