TV Home Forum

I’m A Celebrity .... 2020

(August 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
PF
PFML84
It will be odd too to see Ant & Dec presenting the show and it be night time behind them, rather than daylight as it will be live, so no more "Good morning from Australia", it'll actually be "Good evening from Wales".
Last edited by PFML84 on 16 October 2020 11:11am
JK
JKDerry
I don't for one second believe anyone in the Welsh Government would try to disrupt such a great opportunity for Wales.

Yes, it was be terrible PR for the Welsh devolved government if they block the show from going ahead. As long as the production team are observing the strictest hygiene and social distancing measures, it should be fine.
BA
Ballyboy
Take it the parachuting at the start and the boat meeting are cancelled obviously
WH
Whataday Founding member
It will be odd too to see Ant & Dec presenting the show and it be night time behind them, rather than daylight as it will be live, so no more "Good morning from Australia", it'll actually be "Good evening from Wales".

I'm expecting the castle to be gloriously lit.
PF
PFML84

I suppose it all depends where they set up the area nearby to present from. But if it's outside somewhere with suitable cover for the elements, it will still be noticeable that it's nighttime for the first time ever rather than daylight. Prerecorded stuff will also be done during the daytime too. Its certainly going to be a weird one, whatever way they decide to deal with it all.
JC
JCB

I suppose it all depends where they set up the area nearby to present from. But if it's outside somewhere with suitable cover for the elements, it will still be noticeable that it's nighttime for the first time ever rather than daylight. Prerecorded stuff will also be done during the daytime too. Its certainly going to be a weird one, whatever way they decide to deal with it all.

There's nothing to deal with. I'm baffeled as to why you think it's a problem. Nobody is going to freak out at the sight of nighttime. In the grand scheme of thing it's the least of the production teams problems.
UTVLifer and Whataday gave kudos
PF
PFML84
Where did I say it was a problem? I just said it would be weird. Jesus!
DW
DavidWhitfield
JCB posted:

There's nothing to deal with. I'm baffeled as to why you think it's a problem. Nobody is going to freak out at the sight of nighttime . In the grand scheme of thing it's the least of the production teams problems.

Completely unwarranted response bearing in mind all PaddyLee84 was saying was "oh, the live bits will be done at night time this year, when they've hitherto been done in the morning due to the time difference". It's just an interesting observation.

This forum has got a major problem with posts like yours, JCB, shooting people down for absolutely no reason. People ponder why some users are leaving the site, or why others are hesitant to sign up in the first place. Is it any wonder, when you're treated like this when you come on to post a perfectly valid observation?
BR
Brekkie
Take it the parachuting at the start and the boat meeting are cancelled obviously

I'd be surprised if the Snowdonia Ziplines don't feature in the premiere.
JA
Jacq
This is my neck of the woods. People around here seem to be in three groups- the "this id an excellent opportunity for north Wales" lot, the "why are they bringing a load of people into our vicinity in the middle of a pandemic" people, and the "who cares about this?" bunch.
XQ
XQD

I wonder too how much of the editing will be done in North Wales or whether most will be done remotely from London (and I guess peoples homes). Indeed not sure when in Australia whether the show is all put together down in Australia or whether they use people back in the UK to work on the evenings show whilst they sleep down under.

It'll all be done on site (as it is in normal times) with editors working through the night. It's too tight turnaround to be done from home and they have to have access to hundreds hours worth of footage from many cameras which I think would be impossible to have access to off site.

Incorrect, I'm afraid. The edit is being done at ITN Post, in Grays Inn Road. There are incredibly expensive remote links currently being installed between Wales and London (diverse fibre etc.). The edit team is huge, and production wants as few people on location in Wales as possible.

Re Australia, it's all done on-site in an Avid village they create every year. Staff are a mix of Brits and Aussies.
GO
gottago
XQD posted:

I wonder too how much of the editing will be done in North Wales or whether most will be done remotely from London (and I guess peoples homes). Indeed not sure when in Australia whether the show is all put together down in Australia or whether they use people back in the UK to work on the evenings show whilst they sleep down under.

It'll all be done on site (as it is in normal times) with editors working through the night. It's too tight turnaround to be done from home and they have to have access to hundreds hours worth of footage from many cameras which I think would be impossible to have access to off site.

Incorrect, I'm afraid. The edit is being done at ITN Post, in Grays Inn Road. There are incredibly expensive remote links currently being installed between Wales and London (diverse fibre etc.). The edit team is huge, and production wants as few people on location in Wales as possible.

Blimey. Would be fascinating to know how much more expensive this will end up being compared to a regular series.

My theory on Extra Camp getting a reprieve doesn't seem to be happening. I'm surprised, everything new ITV2 is airing is haemorrhaging viewers. Even some sort of studio show would have surely rated better than new episodes of Hey Tracey which are hovering around 150k viewers.

Newer posts