TV Home Forum

Spitting Image to return on BritBox

(March 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
NI
nigel
Just watched Ep2 which was much better than the first.
Still pity they’re not using the original theme music.
TV
thetvman
The classic humor seems to be more apparent in episode 2. Did find the Elon Musk segment a bit long winded and the song wasnt as good as last weeks.

It's better than I expected. Not to 'PC' and they seem to take risk.
WH
Whataday Founding member
One of the generic 'extra' puppets appears to be slightly modelled on Cilla Black's (albeit with smaller teeth)

Alfie Mulcahy and Spencer gave kudos
HC
Hatton Cross
Do we know where Avalon are recording this series?
Old Spitting Image was a split between Central in Birmingham (for the topical sketches) and Limehouse Television (for the pre-recorded and songs material)

It seems as Spitting Image are releasing material daily with a topical slant onto You Tube, I'm guessing its one studio fired up to record both the topical and throwaway gags on any given day - and with ISDN and home studios, no need for the voice impressionists to go anywhere to lay down the soundtrack.

So, I'm guessing they've got the exclusive use of a studio/sound Stage with close at hand set construction and props - some somewhere like Elstree Film Studios or Pinewood?
JA
james-2001
Well, they only used Limehouse for the first few years seeing as that closed in 1989. I don't know where they filmed after that.
DA
davidhorman
Josh posted:
Speaking of YouTube, they're uploading the full episodes there free to watch.*
*Provided you don't live in Belgium, the United Kingdom, Finland, New Zealand, Canada, Germany, United States, Australia or Ireland...

Finally something good comes out of Google's insistence on treating Jersey as having absolutely nothing to do with the UK (I can't even do Location Sharing without a VPN and I think it's only recently that we can download iPlayer from the Play Store).
NW
nwtv2003
It appears there will be a two part US election special on 31 October, with the first part also being shown on ITV at 10:00pm, on the same day.
Alfie Mulcahy and far gave kudos
RD
RDJ
It appears there will be a two part US election special on 31 October, with the first part also being shown on ITV at 10:00pm, on the same day.

I knew it would only be a matter of time until ITV get in on the action.
TVVT and Alfie Mulcahy gave kudos
WH
Whataday Founding member
The perfect way to do it really. Offer a free taster part way through the series to boost subscribers.

I think a two-special centred around the Royal Family might have been better though as I'm not sure how much appetite the average ITV viewer has for a full hour of US election coverage.
BR
Brekkie
What was that about ITV scrapping their linear channels and concentrating on On Demand?
MarkT76, Ittr and AJB39 gave kudos
AM
Alfie Mulcahy

Exactly what I thought would happen. I reakon one will air at Christmas too.

11 days later

WH
Whataday Founding member
The series really seems to have hit its stride with the two specials (although they're basically the same as any other episode. I laughed out loud at the cheeky final line of the first part due to go out on ITV tonight.

Great to hear Steve Nallon back as Thatcher and the very brief skit with Elton and David having to go to Blackpool for their holiday due to Covid was real classic era stuff.

Last edited by Whataday on 31 October 2020 3:58pm - 2 times in total
Alfie Mulcahy and RDJ gave kudos

Newer posts