TV Home Forum

Coronavirus - Impact on live/recorded shows

Several talk programmes have cancelled studio audiences

JA
james-2001 Central (East) East Midlands Today
It's not just you.
DW
DavidWhitfield Tyne Tees Look North (North East)
Going to throw my hat in the ring and suggest it amounts to:
"I suppose you could go old-school and have people write in."
Guess who's big in the back time!
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member Central (West) Midlands Today
I suppose you could do old school and mail postcards in if the show is pre-recorded

Is it just me, or does that not make any sense?

It doesn't make any sense because <insert lame excuse here>. DavidWhitfield nailed what I was trying to get at though.
JO
Jonwo

Anyway obviously not the route they've gone down so it is fingers crossed and carry on. Whether it would go ahead during any "circuit breaker" lockdown remains to be seen - certainly arguments that it should but also arguments that it shouldn't too.

Strictly is classed as work so it would likely be allowed to go ahead in any circuit breaker lockdown with the only possible change being no audience.
Last edited by Jonwo on 14 October 2020 4:32pm
TV
iloveTV1 London London
Garden Rescue and Celebrity Mastermind to fill the gap on Saturday.
Joined on 29th December 2019.
BR
Brekkie Wales Wales Today
Obvious replacements for a Saturday night entertainment show.
Turns out nobody had 2020 vision.
MF
Matthew_Fieldhouse Central (West) Midlands Today

Not really a fair statement, the scheduled Garden Rescue has been extended to a 60-minute episode, delaying the national and local news, then a Celebrity Mastermind, then delayed Pointless Celebrities
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8EmCnoa_w4h6qqHHSwHf0Q
TV
iloveTV1 London London

Not really a fair statement, the scheduled Garden Rescue has been extended to a 60-minute episode, delaying the national and local news, then a Celebrity Mastermind, then delayed Pointless Celebrities

To be honest a Garden Rescue repeat is really quite poor for 5.15pm on a Saturday night. It was even scheduled in beforehand, it’s just been extended to fill the LM gap.
Joined on 29th December 2019.
PA
paul_hadley London London
Just schedule WILTY again and have done with it.
AN
Andrew Founding member Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
Just schedule WILTY again and have done with it.

They have 4 fillers

Early evening it’s Garden Rescue except on Saturdays when it’s also Celeb Mastermind. Mid evening it’s WILTY and post watershed it’s Mrs Brown and there is rarely any defiation from that

Daytime is obviously various cut down reversions of Homes under the Hammer etc
paul_hadley and JamesLaverty1925 gave kudos
SW
Steve Williams
Obvious replacements for a Saturday night entertainment show.

To be honest a Garden Rescue repeat is really quite poor for 5.15pm on a Saturday night. It was even scheduled in beforehand, it’s just been extended to fill the LM gap.

51 weeks of the year, "Saturday night television is terrible, why do we have endless entertainment, quizzes and reality shows, they should show something totally different". Apart from when they do, when they should show more entertainment, quizzes and reality shows.

What other channels are showing new programmes at 5.15 on Saturday? As far as I can see, just C4 as it's showing live rugby. BBC1 has just had to cancel a live show with a few days' notice due to a Covid outbreak. What's everyone else's excuse?
all new Phil and bilky asko gave kudos
JK
JKDerry UTV Newsline
If people are sick and tired of the current Saturday night schedules, they simply should go back into their archive, and for one Saturday night, just air a typical Saturday night schedule from say 1972 and see if people enjoy that?

BBC One on Saturday 14th October 1972 had Bruce Forsyth and the Generation Game, Dixon of Dock Green, The Two Ronnies, Saturday Film, Panic in the Streets, Match of the Day and Parkinson - air this and see how the public react.

Newer posts