The Newsroom

Harry Gration to leave Look North

Split from The Yorkshire and Lincolnshire Thread (October 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
NB
NicB1971
I wonder who's next for the exit sign?
:-(
A former member
Talk of who could be next to be made redundant is a bit crass if I’m honest.
MI
TheMike
A reminder that these current departures are from a round of voluntary redundancies.

As to the question as to who is going, some will go with a bang, some will leave the building with no-one except HR knowing. And as much as that will upset some forumers, that's their right to do so.
IS
Inspector Sands
A reminder that these current departures are from a round of voluntary redundancies.

As to the question as to who is going, some will go with a bang, some will leave the building with no-one except HR knowing. And as much as that will upset some forumers, that's their right to do so.

The sad thing at the moment is that it's not possible to have a big send off. In normal times someone who's as well known and liked as Harry would have a big do to see them off
DE88, TheMike and Ballyboy gave kudos
TI
TIGHazard

The sad thing at the moment is that it's not possible to have a big send off. In normal times someone who's as well known and liked as Harry would have a big do to see them off

Maybe he can come back for that sofa tour, whenever they do it.
BA
Ballyboy
Might be next year hopefully
TR
trevormon

An employer could be on dodgy ground if overnight the same role is filled by a freelancer.

Thats not really true. One of the grounds for redundancies is employers choosing to carry out work in a different way. This includes replacing full time employees with casual or freelance staff.

Large swathes of BBC staff lost their jobs this way in the 90s when the BBC went down this route. Film Department closed down as did Design Department and camera crews, make up designers, set designers, costume designers etc disappeared from the payroll to be replaced by casuals and freelancers, often overnight. The same fate befell Visual Effects, Scenic Operations etc.

The current BBC timescale for staff to return after redundancy is 3 months for any casual/freelance work and one year for any kind of contract.
JA
JAS84
I wonder who's next for the exit sign?

I know Peter Levy will only go if forced. He says he has no plans to retire. His show isn't double headed, so that's in his favour.
BA
Ballyboy
Wasn’t it double headed in the early 2000s
JA
JAS84
When Hull first launched you mean? Yes. They never replaced the second presenter when Helen Fospero left and it became Levy's show.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BBC_Look_North_(East_Yorkshire_and_Lincolnshire)
BA
Ballyboy
if I’m right, they moved the sofa in the 2004-2005 set to have the Victoria docks backdrop behind
AN
Andrew Founding member
I wonder if we’ve actually seen Harry host his last bulletin. He hasn’t been on for two weeks, and might just be on on Wednesday as a guest.

Now I’ve said that he’ll appear on Monday as normal

Newer posts