TV Home Forum

New Channel 4 Netflix ident

Split from Channel 4 (October 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
RI
Richard
For some reason this won't play on my iPad nor on Safari on my Mac. It will download again though. Any ideas?
VM
VMPhil
For some reason this won't play on my iPad nor on Safari on my Mac. It will download again though. Any ideas?

It seems to be a problem with uploading video to Metropol with the public setting. If you upload it and untick the option 'Show in your public library', it will work.

For example, here I've downloaded your file and reuploaded it as a private file.

FG
FraserGJ
I really like that Netflix ident, really smart branding, especially with international viewers unfamiliar with the blocks.

It would work well as a device for an ident set - either putting it in different settings to form up (in the woods, on a beach) or go down the Channel 5 'big screen' ident route and set stuff around it...

Either way, very nice šŸ‘
Jeffmister, Sh1ruba and JosiahStuart gave kudos
PF
PFML84
Gone are the days when Channel 4 would dare put something out like this after 10pm, the channel is just playing it far too safe these days:-

VM
VMPhil
I think that too and then I see an advert for a programme called ā€˜Me and My Penisā€™ and think, oh no thereā€™s still some Channel 4-ness there.

To be fair I donā€™t think the problem is with shows that would be scheduled late like that - itā€™s the prime time or more mainstream programmes which feel a bit more safe than they should.
DE88, Roger Darthwell and Alfie Mulcahy gave kudos
LL
Larry the Loafer
It's a shame that sloblocks joke probably went over a lot of people's heads.
FB
FBC
It's a shame that sloblocks joke probably went over a lot of people's heads.

Iā€™m still kinda waiting for sloblock to come up on 8 out of 10 Cats does Countdown one day.

Newer posts