The Newsroom

Spotlight presenter Justin Leigh to leave the BBC

(October 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
RO
rob Founding member
Quote:
Justin Leigh has announced he is to leave the BBC after 33 years - including almost 20 years presenting the UK’s most popular regional TV news programme, BBC Spotlight.

The popular presenter of the BBC One South West bulletin will sign off for good on Friday, October 16.

https://www.devonlive.com/news/devon-news/spotlight-presenter-justin-leigh-leaving-4599441
ST
South Today
Extremely sad news. The first of many regional casualties to come.
JamesTV, Meridian AM and Ballyboy gave kudos
UT
UTVLifer
rob posted:
Quote:
Justin Leigh has announced he is to leave the BBC after 33 years - including almost 20 years presenting the UK’s most popular regional TV news programme, BBC Spotlight.

The popular presenter of the BBC One South West bulletin will sign off for good on Friday, October 16.

https://www.devonlive.com/news/devon-news/spotlight-presenter-justin-leigh-leaving-4599441

Just wow. I was expecting if a presenter was to leave Spotlight it would be Victoria.
DH
DH33
Stuart flinders from bbc northwest tonight is also leaving.
BA
Ballyboy
Could Scotland Wales and Northern Ireland be affected too?, I like Stuart
ST
South Today
Could Scotland Wales and Northern Ireland be affected too?, I like Stuart

The press release back in the summer stated on the regional programmes in England were affected.
BA
Ballyboy
Ah right thanks
PO
Pompeyfm
I’m wondering if Roger Finn is leaving South Today? Last night he signed off by saying ‘goodnight... and goodbye’
NW
nwtv2003
DH33 posted:

I didn’t know that. He’s been there a very long time, might event be as far back as when Gordon Burns started at North West Tonight. All the best to those moving on.
ST
South Today
DH33 posted:

I didn’t know that. He’s been there a very long time, might event be as far back as when Gordon Burns started at North West Tonight. All the best to those moving on.

IS
Inspector Sands
Extremely sad news. The first of many regional casualties to come.

There seems to have been quite a exodus of local radio presenters and staff recently, including a lot of older and long serving presenters - those with the better pay off or of pensionable age

There the covid emergency schedules are being made permanent - 4 hour shows, all single headed and a national late night show. So most of the stations now have too many presenters for the schedule and the same with production staff
BA
Ballyboy

Several!!!

Newer posts