The Newsroom

The BBC World News Thread

BBC World | 30 Years Anniversary - Page 127 (October 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
HA
harshy Founding member
I swear I saw the world presenter pop up at 11gmt on Friday today it was Joanna Gosling and a simulcast like before very confused.
GI
ginnyfan
Who does the 12.00 cet news bulletin now that it has replaced the second hour of simulcast? Is it Yalda who usually takes over at 13.00 cet?
LX
lxflyer
Who does the 12.00 cet news bulletin now that it has replaced the second hour of simulcast? Is it Yalda who usually takes over at 13.00 cet?

It would be easier if you asked the question using GB times as it starts getting confusing for people otherwise.

The 11:00 BST bulletin was presented by Lucy Hockings.

There are two shifts now where previously there was one.
MF
Matthew_Fieldhouse

It would be easier if you asked the question using GB times as it starts getting confusing for people otherwise.

The 11:00 BST bulletin was presented by Lucy Hockings.

There are two shifts now where previously there was one.

When does that shift end now then? Didn't realise the shift was split
BB
bbc247
I thought it's now 5-10, 11-4 and 4-7.
UN
Universal_r
No outside source on the nc this evening🥳🤣
Because of the briefing and breaking local lockdown news I assume.
HA
harshy Founding member
I thought it's now 5-10, 11-4 and 4-7.

I think it’s 5-10, 11-2, 2-4
AS
Asa Admin
This is rota style discussion. The News Channel megathread was closed for similar reasons, and this might have to go the same way. Please let us move away from shift patterns and guess the presenter type posts. And if there is something significant, to create a new topic for it. Thanks.
MF
Matthew_Fieldhouse
Asa posted:
This is rota style discussion. The News Channel megathread was closed for similar reasons, and this might have to go the same way. Please let us move away from shift patterns and guess the presenter type posts. And if there is something significant, to create a new topic for it. Thanks.

Someone mentioned the shifts had changed so I wondered what the new timings were. If people want to talk about it let us, not hurting anyone
JO
Joe
Bold move to argue like that, and I think it's been established in recent weeks that the site is moving away from such discussion. 'Hurting' is the wrong word, but I'm confident that a quiet majority find staff scheduling timings incredibly dull/mind-numbing. Indeed, when a moderator pops up, it can indicate that people have reported a post and it's not just that moderator making the decision entirely on their own.

Perhaps best to draw a line under it?
TI
TIGHazard
Asa posted:

Someone mentioned the shifts had changed so I wondered what the new timings were. If people want to talk about it let us, not hurting anyone

With respect (and not trying to play forum cop on here), there was a recent discussion about the types of posts on TVF, and it was decided that 'rota' discussions - I.E. shift patterns - aren't allowed anymore.

https://www.tvforum.co.uk/mediawebsites/rota-talk-site-46039

https://www.tvforum.co.uk/tvhome/community-guide-46072
HA
harshy Founding member
Yeah it was more in the context of the shifts changing and moving away from the simulcasting rather then an out and out Rota discussion which obviously no one enjoys.
Universal_r, ginnyfan and Alfie Mulcahy gave kudos

Newer posts