The Newsroom

Coronavirus | Television News Coverage

(February 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
UN
Universal_r
They’ve only scheduled the news special to last 35 minutes surely that’s not enough to carry the whole conference and then analysis afterwards.
MA
Meridian AM
They’ve only scheduled the news special to last 35 minutes surely that’s not enough to carry the whole conference and then analysis afterwards.

That's what I was thinking. They will probably have to cancel the 7.35pm programme.
JO
Jonwo

That's what I was thinking. They will probably have to cancel the 7.35pm programme.

It's Panorama in that slot which can be shifted to Wednesday at the same time or next Monday.
JA
JAS84
Things were always going to slip today based on similar events previously. They do need to get the sort of routine the daily 5pm briefings gave them if they genuinely want to remove any confusion.

Yeah - doing it at 7pm will result in a smaller audience because millions of people will be watching the soaps on ITV instead!
VA
valley
Sky News are running an "extended" News at Ten tonight according to the EPG:

"In this specially extended programme, Mark Austin is in Liverpool as the latest measures to tackle coronavirus are announced, with Dermot Murnaghan in Washington DC and Anna Botting in the studio."
SO
Soupnzi

"In this specially extended programme, Mark Austin is in Liverpool as the latest measures to tackle coronavirus are announced, with Dermot Murnaghan in Washington DC and Anna Botting in the studio."

Extended news on a 24 hour news channel- whatever next? I chuckle when the self-styled modern, digital-first Sky News excitedly uses the language of linear TV.
MA
Meridian AM

Extended news on a 24 hour news channel- whatever next? I chuckle when the self-styled modern, digital-first Sky News excitedly uses the language of linear TV.

This is the same channel that has 2 hours of rolling news a day branded as 'The News Hour'... 🙄🙃
Seems that 'The News Hour' programme is extended by an hour every day... 😆🙄
AN
Andrew Founding member

With Laura Kuenssberg starting the press section by asking about 5 questions, there is no way this will be finished by 7:30

We haven’t even got to Peston yet!
JO
Jonwo

With Laura Kuenssberg starting the press section by asking about 5 questions, there is no way this will be finished by 7:30

I never get why they don't limit questions to 1-2 per person.
Last edited by Jonwo on 12 October 2020 7:35pm
RN
Rolling News
BBC one has left the conference now NC only.
MA
Meridian AM
Jonwo posted:

Luckily, it's only Panorama that can be dropped without too much bother.

No, they've cut the PM off and are showing Panorama.
The newsreader referred viewers to the BBC News channel to carry on watching it...
BR
Brekkie
Jonwo posted:

Guess the journalists think the more questions they ask the more chance they might actually get one answered.

Newer posts