Mass Media & Technology

NOW TV

BT TV full launch

JA
JAS84 Yorkshire Look North (E.Yorks & Lincs)
Is that a reference to the time they went to a commercial break and missed a goal?
DV
DVB Cornwall West Country (West) Spotlight
There were widespread issues across all NOW TV platforms, with two of the main football feeds of the Nations League repechage semi finals, last night (8-10-2020) on SSME and SSPL. Buffering and stalling were prevolent in the first half more or less continuously, the second half was considerably better but by no means perfect.
MI
Michael
JAS84 posted:
Is that a reference to the time they went to a commercial break and missed a goal?

Do you really have to ask?
BR
Brekkie Wales Wales Today
There were widespread issues across all NOW TV platforms, with two of the main football feeds of the Nations League repechage semi finals, last night (8-10-2020) on SSME and SSPL. Buffering and stalling were prevolent in the first half more or less continuously, the second half was considerably better but by no means perfect.

That is poor - even with three of the home nations featured I'd have thought demand wouldn't have been as high as for some Premiership games.

I've given up the Sky Sports pass for now with no tempting season ticket on offer but it has been quite some time since I'd have real buffering issues - probably going back to the early series of Game of Thrones.
Turns out nobody had 2020 vision.
DV
As at 5pm today (10 Oct 2020) with all the Nations League and F1 extra feeds, there were 47 catalogued 'red button' streams up coming at that time on the NOW TV YouView App.
DV

.... and it's happening again this afternoon.
BR
As at 5pm today (10 Oct 2020) with all the Nations League and F1 extra feeds, there were 47 catalogued 'red button' streams up coming at that time on the NOW TV YouView App.

Guess that's more than available on the "linear" platform. Are there duplicated there - thought they'd be at most 8 or so for F1 and not many more for the Nations League.
DV
The Catalogued streams were up to and including tomorrow evening's Nations League matches, and not just those due over the weekend. There are 37 currently listed as upcoming on the YouView Box. These include full midweek Championship matches upto the end of the Month..

EDIT ....

There are many complaints of the BOOST pass not working on some platforms tonight. I'm not seeing this though.
Last edited by DVB Cornwall on 13 October 2020 9:05pm
LL
London Lite Founding member London London
It appears NOW TV will be launching on the Chromecast 4th Generation with Google TV (rebranded Android TV) from Friday.

If you play the embedded video, you'll also see apps for iPlayer and BBC Sounds will also be on the platform.

https://9to5google.com/2020/10/14/chromecast-google-tv-bbc-iplayer/
DV
BT are withdrawing the standalone Sky Sports Main Event / Extra channels next month.
BR
Finally got around to installing the replacement for the white box on our other TV tonight. Thought I'd check the old box first expecting some life out of it and perhaps other apps to work but just get a purple screen of death.

It has been very poorly communicated by NOWTV that these boxes were being phased out - I only knew from here. Considering accounts are linked to devices they should have notified those affected.
VA
valley
Finally got around to installing the replacement for the white box on our other TV tonight. Thought I'd check the old box first expecting some life out of it and perhaps other apps to work but just get a purple screen of death.

It has been very poorly communicated by NOWTV that these boxes were being phased out - I only knew from here. Considering accounts are linked to devices they should have notified those affected.

Someone I know was moaning about getting an email about it when they'd never had one, so there was some attempt at communication...

Newer posts