TV Home Forum

French TV

Old and new (January 2015)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
TR
TheTravelcard
Julian Bugier to replace Marie-Sophie Lacarrau

https://www.ozap.com/actu/depart-de-marie-sophie-lacarrau-julian-bugier-est-le-nouveau-titulaire-du-13-heures-de-france-2/597115

This means Karine Baste-Regis becomes the joker presenter for 20h in turn although it is not yet know about Tout compte fait, Prodiges or the 6h30/7h30/8h30.

In other news, the final part of Franceinfo's new season of programming made its début and it has to be one of the worst political programmes I have ever seen. The guest starts stood up being interviewed by one presenter, then walks to the screen and is interviewed by a different presenter then goes to sit down on the sofa and is interviewed by a third presenter, then the original presenter takes the guest to the main studio where a random person interviews them, followed by the other presenters again and one of the channel's political correspondents. Votre instant politique ? Jamais encore ! Worst of all, this programme is only 45 mins long so introduces 15 mins of taped reports back into the schedule and the bulletins at 7 and 7.30pm are removed.
LL
London Lite Founding member
Julian Bugier to replace Marie-Sophie Lacarrau

https://www.ozap.com/actu/depart-de-marie-sophie-lacarrau-julian-bugier-est-le-nouveau-titulaire-du-13-heures-de-france-2/597115

This means Karine Baste-Regis becomes the joker presenter for 20h in turn although it is not yet know about Tout compte fait, Prodiges or the 6h30/7h30/8h30.

Great news for Karine at least that she becomes the 20h joker presenter, although it means the 13h bulletin will have a male lead presenter for the first time certainly since the Élise Lucet era. My guess is they'll go for a male joker for Julian at lunchtime.

As for TéléMatin. Alexandra Uzan covered for Karine recently, so a potential there, other candidates I'd suggest are Camille Grenu and Johanna Ghiglia.
Last edited by London Lite on 21 September 2020 7:27pm
TR
TheTravelcard

As for TéléMatin. Alexandra Uzan covered for Karine recently, so a potential there, other candidates I'd suggest are Camille Grenu and Johanna Ghiglia.

Agreed, they're all logical choices who would and have done it well previously although the lack of information around this subject would imply that Karine may remain the titular presenter for those morning bulletins.

To my surprise, the team of Votre Instant Politique on Franceinfo were in 'édition spéciale' for their hour instead of their new, usual format today and I was impressed. It was a much better édition spéciale than others I have seen on the channel, the discussion was fluid, questions relevant and it was not condescending in tone. The social media hits were in context with the discussion rather than detached updates. Far better to watch than the ridiculous format that team normally have to deliver. I hope they adapt the format into this sort of 'Deadline White House' or 'All Out Politics' à la française, it was a decent, punchy watch.

16 days later

WI
william Founding member
When was the last time Franceinfo was on air past midnight? Because they are now…
London Lite and Quatorzine Neko gave kudos
RD
Roger Darthwell
When was the last time Franceinfo was on air past midnight? Because they are now…

It's 00:55 Paris time and the channel is showing France 24 as always
SN
The SNT Three
They went until 12:16 due to breaking news. It's very rare for them to stay on past midnight
QN
Quatorzine Neko
They were surprisingly more reactive and more "live event"-oriented than their competitors BFMTV and CNEWS: from 9:40 pm Paris time when the news broke on Franceinfo: tv, to approximately 10:30 pm, BFMTV stuck to its live interview show of Olivier Véran, Minister of Health (and aired a repeat of it in the late evening); and CNEWS kept its scheduled repeat of Canal+'s news magazine L'Info du Vrai .

I salute the effort done by Franceinfo: tv and the deliberate choice to stay on air for a while after midnight – a hostage being freed is very important good news, after all. And although it was a single-topic special edition (which is what CNEWS and BFMTV usually do in case of breaking news), there was some interesting content outside of the "live reporter telling what they see" aspect.
LL
I didn't see how Franceinfo covered the return of the final French hostage returning home, but France 2 started their news special at noon.

However, it's great news that Franceinfo decided to stay on-air past midnight, even if it was for sixteen minutes to cover the breaking news.
DB
dbl

Transition & compilation of the new look M6.
JO
Josh
Excuse me for asking but is it possible to watch Franceinfo via a Sky satelite box via the Other Channels settings?
MA
Meridian AM
Josh posted:
Excuse me for asking but is it possible to watch Franceinfo via a Sky satelite box via the Other Channels settings?

No, different satellites.

But it's on newstube.
https://newstube.live/watch/france-info
Last edited by Meridian AM on 11 October 2020 10:29pm
LL
This link should also work in the UK.

https://www.francetvinfo.fr/en-direct/tv.html

Newer posts