The Newsroom

BBC Breakfast - 16th July onwards

Split from BBC News (UK) presentation - Reith launch onwards (July 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
ST
Stuart
How many sets did Breakfast have between 2000 and 2012?

By my reckoning (I have had little to do on this rainy afternoon but enjoy TV Ark), I think these are the changes over the years :
Very Happy
GE
thegeek Founding member
That montage was very heavily weighted towards the last few years wasn't it

There was a very brief Steph in there - but I'm surprised there wasn't more Bill and Sian, save for a little bit of their 0559 jazz hands. (Used to be the highlight of my night shift, that bit.)
CI
cityprod
Well I don't think they'd mark the 1989 anniversary but all the others you could understand. It'll be the same with ITV too - they'll mark 40 years of breakfast TV in 2023 (as will the BBC) I'm sure, and then 10 years of GMB - I'm assuming they get to that point - the year after.

How many sets did Breakfast have between 2000 and 2012?

By my reckoning, the main weekday breakfast has had 3 different sets, 2000-2003, 2003-2006 and 2006-2012. You could also add in the weekend Breakfast which came from the News 24 sets, before that got incorporated into the weekday set, so that would add another two.
RDJ posted:
Includes Charlie reading the Breaking News with his orange socks visible!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1puPKqF45Q

Good Lord the reactions and conversation at the end was dismal. It's almost as if they had live-streamed a funeral for a few minutes. I rarely watch morning TV but is the relationship between Charlie and Naga always that dry?
BroadcastWales and fanoftv gave kudos
WO
Worzel
Naga Munchetty confirmed as the new mid morning host for BBC Radio 5 Live. She's taking over Emma Barnett's mid morning slot (who's moving to Radio 4).

https://radiotoday.co.uk/2020/10/naga-munchetty-replaces-emma-barnett-at-bbc-radio-5-live/?utm_source=MadMimi&utm_medium=email&utm_content=24+hours+in+radio+with+No+Sheet+Music+-+Naga+Munchetty+replaces+Emma+Barnett+at+BBC+Radio+5+Live&utm_campaign=20201014_m160410433_24+hours+UK&utm_term=Read+More
Last edited by Worzel on 14 October 2020 11:35am
AM
AM160
Quote:
Naga has been a regular face on BBC Breakfast since 2009 and will continue on the programme alongside her work for 5 Live.

From the article....
DO
dosxuk
RDJ posted:
Includes Charlie reading the Breaking News with his orange socks visible!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1puPKqF45Q

Good Lord the reactions and conversation at the end was dismal. It's almost as if they had live-streamed a funeral for a few minutes. I rarely watch morning TV but is the relationship between Charlie and Naga always that dry?

Nah, some funeral streams are much more exciting than that!
MF
Matthew_Fieldhouse
I'm surprised they mark the anniversary of Breakfast specifically. Usually it's the January anniversary of Breakfast Time's launch.

It was just a quick anniversary compilation, nothing major
AM160 posted:
Quote:
Naga has been a regular face on BBC Breakfast since 2009 and will continue on the programme alongside her work for 5 Live.

From the article....

Her days on Breakfast will probably be reduced though, won't regularly do 6 days a week

147 days later

CF
CallumF
I see some excellent reporting from Sally Nugent more and more now - particularly delivering several exclusives for BBC News as a whole (rather than just Breakfast itself).

Just I was thinking she’d be a natural successor to Dan Roan as Sports Editor - but then for some reason I seem to recall him announcing he was leaving, but can’t seem to find anything on it - was this the case?

May be getting confused with another journalist but I’m sure it was something like sports PR they were moving into?
WA
watchingtv
James Pearce left to go Freelance and still works for the BBC.
CF
CallumF
James Pearce left to go Freelance and still works for the BBC.

Ah right, was it him? I thought it was someone more senior within BBC News which is why it stuck in my head for some reason.

Newer posts