The Newsroom

BBC World News America new set and titles

Split from BBC World News | (Inc. US Refresh 2020) (August 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JF
JF World News
On today’s 9pm BST bulletin they had a daytime background in Washington
UN
Universal_r
The 9pm hour now has a ‘name’ ‘bbc news with katty and Christian’. Not the most creative but I wonder if it will now be on Iplayer.
WL
W1LL
the 'with Katty and Christian' tagline makes it sound more like a chummy chat show rather than an actual news programme.
DV
dvboy
I think they had to do something because I got the impression Katty Kay was fed up of telling people on Twitter they were on at 9pm.
MA
Markymark
I don't care that Americans use the word Plexiglass to refer to Perspex, but it's just ludicrous to hear Christian Fraser use the word on whatever his show with Katty Kay is called
DV
dvboy
Perspex is a brand name, plexiglass isn't (although Plexiglas with one S is).
TE
Technologist
Both are easier to say than polymethyl methacrylate !
AM
Alfie Mulcahy
The 9pm hour now has a ‘name’ ‘bbc news with katty and Christian’. Not the most creative but I wonder if it will now be on Iplayer.

iPlayer says 'availiable soon'
UN
Universal_r

iPlayer says 'availiable soon'

On my iplayer if I look back on the schedule it’s just classed as a normal bbc news show. I never checked to see what it was earlier I just saw it on sky Q.
RK
Rkolsen
In the US on guides it’s listed as BBC News when every other show including simulcasts is listed as BBC World News.
UN
Universal_r
Bbc news with katty and Christian is on iplayer.
JF
JF World News
Just been announced that Katty & Christian slot on Friday will be filled with Americast with Emily Matlis in London & Jon Sopel in Washington
Matthew_Fieldhouse and bbc247 gave kudos

Newer posts