Mass Media & Technology

Britbox UK - UK SVoD Platform.

£5.99 per month - Platform now live.

AM
AlfieMulcahy Meridian (South East) South East Today
I'm actually starting to think it may benefit BritBox to ditch the "created by BBC and ITV" tagline. I think it causes more harm than good.

Yeah. It just encourages the 'Defund the backwards BBC' campaign.
Hello, I'm using WhatsApp
LL
London Lite Founding member London London
Desmonds has been added to Britbox. The upscaling looks a lot better there than on All4+.
JA
james-2001 Central (East) East Midlands Today
Desmonds has been added to Britbox. The upscaling looks a lot better there than on All4+.

Does Britbox have it at 50p rather than the 25p of All4? That would explain why it looks better.
DV
DVB Cornwall West Country (West) Spotlight
BT TV Customers getting six months free of BritBox starting today. (Application Process applies and renews at £5.99 pm in month 7)

BU
buster London London
I'm actually starting to think it may benefit BritBox to ditch the "created by BBC and ITV" tagline. I think it causes more harm than good.

Spitting Image has neither on the Britbox opener that usually says "presented by"...I can understand that for the new eps as it is a Britbox commission, but surely the older ones would be "presented by ITV" unless some complicated acquisition has gone on for the archive eps.
AM
AlfieMulcahy Meridian (South East) South East Today

Spitting Image has neither on the Britbox opener that usually says "presented by"...I can understand that for the new eps as it is a Britbox commission, but surely the older ones would be "presented by ITV" unless some complicated acquisition has gone on for the archive eps.

That's what I was thinking. Seems odd.
Hello, I'm using WhatsApp
NT
Night Thoughts London London
Some Thunderbirds episodes on Britbox have had their end credits redone slightly to insert the current ITV logo in place of ATV/ITC, which seems a bit much! They still appear as "presented by ITV", though.

Surprised to find The Avengers on there (complete with ABC idents for the early "rarities") as "presented by ITV", even though the rights are now with StudioCanal. Wonder what they'll do if they ever get hold of Thames programming?
MarkT76 and AlfieMulcahy gave kudos
JO
Jonwo
Some Thunderbirds episodes on Britbox have had their end credits redone slightly to insert the current ITV logo in place of ATV/ITC, which seems a bit much! They still appear as "presented by ITV", though.

Surprised to find The Avengers on there (complete with ABC idents for the early "rarities") as "presented by ITV", even though the rights are now with StudioCanal. Wonder what they'll do if they ever get hold of Thames programming?

I think Fremantle has existing deals with Netflix which is why none of their back catalogue is on BritBox.

All3Media and Endemol/Banijay seems to be on a show by show basis. The former I think has a stake in Acorn TV which is why a fair number of their shows have turned up on there.
JA
james-2001 Central (East) East Midlands Today
Maybe All3Media could licence the Brookside back catalogue to BritBox.
JO
Jonwo
Maybe All3Media could licence the Brookside back catalogue to BritBox.

Whether BritBox wants it is another thing entirely.
MI
Michael

Which ones? It's not the new ones that were made by the Kickstarter team using the vinyl audio recordings are they? Those are genuinely new episodes.

I notice at least one has got an old school Granada International bumper burned onto it.
Last edited by Michael on 12 October 2020 5:32pm
MarkT76 and Night Thoughts gave kudos
NT
Night Thoughts London London

Which ones? It's not the new ones that were made by the Kickstarter team using the vinyl audio recordings are they? Those are genuinely new episodes.

I notice at least one has got an old school Granada International bumper burned onto it.

The Anniversary Episodes - that'd explain it, then; was only having a quick look through and then forwarded to the end to stop it lingering on my "resume watching" list. Looks odd with a 1964 date stamp! They're very nicely done, though.

Newer posts