The Newsroom

US ELECTIONS 2020 Coverage

With added Impeachment 2.0 (August 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
AM
Alfie Mulcahy
I do really like the feel of the ITV Election set. It still feels fresh. And looks really modern. The CSO is almost flawless and they improve our every time.

Aside from the desks, nobody can 'feel' any of it. I'm not sure why they would ever want to create a CGI 'set' that didn't look modern.

From a viewers perspective it has a modern feel to it and is still visually pleasing. The lunchtime and evening backdrops need tweaking but the election set is faultless.
Universal_r and Brekkie gave kudos
ST
Stuart
. . . but the election set is faultless.

It wouldn't be very good if it looked 'faulty', would it?
AM
Alfie Mulcahy

I meant there isn't much wrong with it.
AA
Aaron_2015
I do really like the feel of the ITV Election set. It still feels fresh. And looks really modern. The CSO is almost flawless and they improve our every time.

Aside from the desks, nobody can 'feel' any of it. I'm not sure why they would ever want to create a CGI 'set' that didn't look modern.

Not sure the pedantry is necessary to be honest, the point Alfie is trying to get across is pretty clear I feel.
AM
Alfie Mulcahy

Not sure the pedantry is necessary to be honest, the point Alfie is trying to get across is pretty clear I feel.

You would've thought so.
RK
Rkolsen
So for the first time I can remember. NBC News produced a town hall with Joe Biden that was simulcasted on four platforms: NBC, MSNBC, CNBC (which usually never simulcast) and on NBC News Now. All features the same graphic package with just a different bug. I plan on creating a video of the three TV feeds, however CNBC’s first minute was cut off by my TiVo. Additionally it appeared CNBC had some issues with receiving the debate. The on screen logo stayed up but you could see the satellite signal break up (different colors / greenish) before heading to black. Eventually they took the feed from MSNBC which was noticeable because the MSNBC logo was on screen before it was covered up.

RK
Rkolsen
So for the first time I can remember. NBC News produced a town hall with Joe Biden that was simulcasted on four platforms: NBC, MSNBC, CNBC (which usually never simulcast) and on NBC News Now. All features the same graphic package with just a different bug. I plan on creating a video of the three TV feeds, however CNBC’s first minute was cut off by my TiVo. Additionally it appeared CNBC had some issues with receiving the debate. The on screen logo stayed up but you could see the satellite signal break up (different colors / greenish) before heading to black. Eventually they took the feed from MSNBC which was noticeable because the MSNBC logo was on screen before it was covered up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xTNKVqsLKo

Try as I might, I could not get all three broadcasts to sync properly. CNBC was cut off in the beginning so I added to black filler for the time difference. But even with all three broadcasts having the same time, CNBC was way off timing wise.

A video is being uploaded now:

VA
valley
Sky News Election-stuff:
- The primary set is out in the US
- Ed Conway will doing his statistics and analysis from the mezzanine of Sky Central, same sort of thing as the General Election last year. Not sure if there will be VR, but seems likely.
- Expect a revised graphics package
London Lite and UTVLifer gave kudos
UT
UTVLifer
Sky News Election-stuff:
- Ed Conway will doing his statistics and analysis from the mezzanine of Sky Central, same sort of thing as the General Election last year. Not sure if there will be VR, but seems likely.

Source? And who do we know who is presenting?
VA
valley
Sky News Election-stuff:

Source: I happen to spend a lot of time at Osterley.
Presenter: I suspect it will be Dermot, considering he is currently out there for the Vice Presidential debate. He seems to be the go-to "special events" presenter now, having done the 2019 GE and a lot of the "Virus Pandemic" special programmes.
bilky asko, Alfie Mulcahy and Meridian AM gave kudos
MA
Meridian AM
Sky News Election-stuff:

Source: I happen to spend a lot of time at Osterley.
Presenter: I suspect it will be Dermot, considering he is currently out there for the Vice Presidential debate. He seems to be the go-to "special events" presenter now, having done the 2019 GE and a lot of the "Virus Pandemic" special programmes.

Not using Mark Austin?
SC
scottishtv Founding member
Not often we see such a wide shot of Erin Burnett's New York studio on CNN:

In this case, the tighter shots of the panel look better though. It gives a much better impression they are actually on a balcony at the debate venue (they are not) .

Newer posts