TV Home Forum

New Top Gear

Now on BBC ONE ... Sundays at 8pm (October 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DJ
DJGM
In fact, the new series is about to start in a few mins as I type this ... so since there is no other TG thread at the minute, this is a last minute heads up! New outdoor "drive-in" studio format due to social distancing and all that . . .
SP
Steve in Pudsey
Complete with a few frames of Test Card F in the opening montage.
IS
Inspector Sands
The drive in audience is a great idea, not just for covid-era but just generally. I reckon they might keep that
JO
Johnr
A great idea until it chucks it down!
JO
Jon
Johnr posted:
A great idea until it chucks it down!

If only the audience had somewhere indoors and right next to them to sit in.
VA
valley
The drive in audience is a great idea, not just for covid-era but just generally. I reckon they might keep that

There was an article (shared somewhere on here) that said how much more it cost compared to doing a normal audience-in-hangar show. I think it’d be a great yearly event, but I can see the rest of the year going back to the normal setup.
IS
Inspector Sands

There was an article (shared somewhere on here) that said how much more it cost compared to doing a normal audience-in-hangar show. I think it’d be a great yearly event, but I can see the rest of the year going back to the normal setup.

It does look pretty expensive, but if they keep having a as little 'studio' as they did in episode 1 I would have thought they could do 2 or 3 in a session.
SP
Steve in Pudsey
That stage will presumably have been hired from a company that typically supply music festivals. With the lack of demand they may well have been able to strike a good deal.

14 days later

GM
Gary McEwan
Has BBC One started to watermark Top Gear? There seems to be a small icon in the very top right hand corner on my TV.
AG
AxG
Has BBC One started to watermark Top Gear? There seems to be a small icon in the very top right hand corner on my TV.

A bullseye? It appeared on the Scotland iPlayer feed, but not on any others.
GM
Gary McEwan
AxG posted:

Yeah it looked like that. How odd that Scotland would watermark it but not the rest of the regions and nations.
TI
TIGHazard
AxG posted:

Yeah it looked like that. How odd that Scotland would watermark it but not the rest of the regions and nations.

Someone who posts TV shows on certain dodgy sites seems to live in Scotland (they use STV for ITV shows). But it's not like BBC Scotland can just put a viewing card number up like Sky/BT do for streams, so why bother?

Newer posts