TV Home Forum

Strictly Come Dancing | 2020

(August 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
HC
Hatton Cross
Athough Sky have some smaller studios for hire...

Riverside wouldn't be a bad shout, as it's fairly close to the Central London gyms and dance studios that the show uses for training - unless 'bubbles' this year mean there's only a couple of training venues, and each couples are given timeslots to train in, and allow for cleaning before the next lot of hoofers turn up for their 90 minutes worth.

Back to It Takes Two. When the live show moved up to Elstree GL2 and had a series long struck set, I thought ITT would move with and use upstairs balcony area, as surely for cost reasons piggy backing off the main show set (even with the scaled back lighting needed) would be more cost effective, rather than going to the expense of hiring another smaller Central-ish London studio (with crew) for the spin off show.
BR
Brekkie
Yes, doubling up with the Clauditorium would make alot of sense.
VA
valley
Back to It Takes Two. When the live show moved up to Elstree GL2 and had a series long struck set, I thought ITT would move with and use upstairs balcony area, as surely for cost reasons piggy backing off the main show set (even with the scaled back lighting needed) would be more cost effective, rather than going to the expense of hiring another smaller Central-ish London studio (with crew) for the spin off show.

That's a good idea - actually it correlates with some rehearsal photos I saw...
JO
Josh
HRVY has tested positive for Coronavirus:

MI
m_in_m
Isn't ITT pre recorded for Tuesday and Thursday?
UT
UTVLifer
Isn't ITT pre recorded for Tuesday and Thursday?

Not anymore
UT
UTVLifer
Having watched some of the 'Best Of' specials I've noticed in the older clips compared to where SCD is filmed now at the GL stage in Elstree how restricted they were at TVC
JK
JKDerry
Having watched some of the 'Best Of' specials I've noticed in the older clips compared to where SCD is filmed now at the GL stage in Elstree how restricted they were at TVC

Television Centre's largest studio was and still is Studio TC1, at 10,800 Sq Ft, whereas George Lucas Stage 2 is over 15,000 Sq Ft. That is the big difference.

Also back at Television Centre, Strictly also used other studios there including TC8 (now demolished) especially when in November Children in Need used TC1 and kicked Strictly out.

21 days later

DV
DVB Cornwall
This ..... I have no words ....

DeMarkay, jordanhowell and fanoftv gave kudos
JO
Josh
Looks like there's a replay that goes on while the contestants enter the Clauditorium, presumably because the layout is different and there's a screen in the way.
ME
mediaman2007
Josh posted:
Looks like there's a replay that goes on while the contestants enter the Clauditorium, presumably because the layout is different and there's a screen in the way.

It looks weird for Strictly - tacky dancing on ice style thing.
:-(
A former member
Josh posted:

More to do with there isn't any interaction between the other dancers and celebs as there normally would be in that area. Just a bit of filler.

Newer posts