Mass Media & Technology

Britbox UK - UK SVoD Platform.

£5.99 per month - Platform now live.

NW
nwtv2003 Granada North West Today
I too took the 6 month free trial through EE and I’m going to stick with it, I’m impressed with the vast archive and it seems to be ever growing. I’ve recently ditched Sky for BT TV, as I found myself only watching Sport and FTA, but I’m glad BritBox is on BT TV, as it’s a perfect replacement in lieu of not having access to Gold anymore.

I think BT TV overall has a brillaint service. Underappreciated I reakon.

Also their YouView remote control is one of the nicest and most functional remotes I've ever seen. I can't think of a single one better.

Having switched from SkyQ, the BT/YouView system takes some getting used to, and it is marginally slower. However, it is nifty and the amount of content it can bring up is really impressive. Looking through the Guide and the Apps it’s clearly quality over quantity. It’s missing Disney+, but that’s my only bugbear with it.

BritBox isn’t as smooth on YouView as it is on Amazon Fire TV, but it’s perfectly usable.
steve
steviegTVreturns
AM
AlfieMulcahy Meridian (South East) South East Today
I too took the 6 month free trial through EE and I’m going to stick with it, I’m impressed with the vast archive and it seems to be ever growing. I’ve recently ditched Sky for BT TV, as I found myself only watching Sport and FTA, but I’m glad BritBox is on BT TV, as it’s a perfect replacement in lieu of not having access to Gold anymore.

I think BT TV overall has a brillaint service. Underappreciated I reakon.

Also their YouView remote control is one of the nicest and most functional remotes I've ever seen. I can't think of a single one better.

Having switched from SkyQ, the BT/YouView system takes some getting used to, and it is marginally slower. However, it is nifty and the amount of content it can bring up is really impressive. Looking through the Guide and the Apps it’s clearly quality over quantity. It’s missing Disney+, but that’s my only bugbear with it.

BritBox isn’t as smooth on YouView as it is on Amazon Fire TV, but it’s perfectly usable.

The BritBox TV App does need work. I must confess that I use my Chromecast more than the built in app.
Hello, I'm using WhatsApp
LL
London Lite Founding member London London
The Amazon Fire TV app is so good that I stopped using my Chromecast for Britbox.
AM
The Amazon Fire TV app is so good that I stopped using my Chromecast for Britbox.

Really! I've heard some complaints about it's user interface.
LL

Really! I've heard some complaints about it's user interface.

It's been fine for me bar one or two playing errors occasionally using the 4K Firestick.
AM
Series 1-3 of the original run of Spitting Image have now been added. Hopefully the others will arrive soon.

Edit: They've also now added a 'Greatest Episodes' Series
Last edited by AlfieMulcahy on 29 September 2020 1:09pm
LL
A promo for ITV Hub+ subscribers, Britbox is £2.99pm for three months.

https://www.itv.com/hub/britbox
AM
A promo for ITV Hub+ subscribers, Britbox is £2.99pm for three months.

https://www.itv.com/hub/britbox

They should extend that to a permanent basis.
VM
VMPhil Granada North West Today
I notice there's now an annual subscription option.

Anglialad and AlfieMulcahy gave kudos
AM
Navigation in the BritBox app has changed to a bar at the bottom rather than a pull out panel.

I think it works well exept for the animation which looks a bit half arsed.
AM
Half of the Classic Red Dwarf series.on.britbox are labelled as ITV in the 'out of this world section' even though when you click on them it plays the BBC sting.

And some.dont show either logo but still say BBC in the starting sting. It's odd
WH
Whataday Founding member Wales Wales Today
I'm actually starting to think it may benefit BritBox to ditch the "created by BBC and ITV" tagline. I think it causes more harm than good.

Newer posts