TV Home Forum

Coronavirus - Impact on live/recorded shows

Several talk programmes have cancelled studio audiences (March 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
WH
Whataday Founding member
Why wouldn't the audience be lit?
SO
Soupnzi
The layout is slightly more reminiscent of the first chat show series Graham did for the BBC

JK
JKDerry
The Graham Norton Show have adapted very well. The set actually looks fresh and better, the previous set had become stale and a refresh was needed, and now it has got it. A perfect mix, and even the reduced studio audience was fine.

Jonathan Ross is due back soon for a new series, I wonder how his show will be redesigned. The Green Room part would probably be scrapped.
bkman1990 and JosiahStuart gave kudos
DM
DeMarkay
I hope that set is permanent. Looks lovely.
bkman1990 and JKDerry gave kudos
IS
Inspector Sands
i think they could have done with some cutaways of the audiences throughout the show as many have been commenting on the "canned laughter".

Obviously those who missed the explainer about the studio audience at the beginning.

Problem is that cutaways aren't HIGNFYs style and also the audience shots they did use didn't look great being mostly chairs
TV
iloveTV1
Apparently there was also a virtual audience according to SRO, but they’re not going to show them at all.
Last edited by iloveTV1 on 3 October 2020 4:10pm
JO
Jonwo
Looks like Mock the Week is returning with a virtual audience:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/showsandtours/shows/mock-the-week-oct-dec-2020
IS
Inspector Sands
I had an email from the I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue Newsletter the other week and they're doing the same thing. They're doing 4 new episodes, with the other two in the series being the two recorded pre-pandemic, which are also the last with Tom Brooke Taylor
JO
Johnr
In the credits for The Wall last night

"Produced within industry Covid guidelines applicable at time of recording"
JK
JKDerry
The Jonathan Ross Show returns Saturday 17th October, with each week's show being taped on the Wednesday before transmission. Will we see the end of the Green Room bit of the set, and have the guests all out in the main studio like Graham has done?
JF
JF World News
Top Gear has the best solution for social distancing its audience, it is now a drive-in on the track with the set in the middle
JK
JKDerry
This article has got to be absolute nonsense - https://tellymix.co.uk/reality-tv/strictly-come-dancing/492518-strictly-come-dancing-could-be-cancelled-if-country-goes-back-into-lockdown.html

Strictly could be cancelled - I thought television productions are exempted from certain COVID restrictions, indeed I'm A Celebrity has been given a guarantee that it can continue, even if strict restrictions are imposed in Wales, so if they can continue, I am sure Strictly can.

This has to be pure nonsense.

Newer posts