The Newsroom

ITV News

Split from ITV News 2013 Rebrand (January 2015)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BE
Benjamin1
Tyne Tees using a mix of reporters to solo front the 6pm programme still - Rachel Bullock, Helen Ford, Gregg Easteal etc. Not a set person for the week.
Last edited by Benjamin1 on 24 September 2020 10:57pm
AM
Alfie Mulcahy
Does the little interview 'studio' with a sofa have a name?
LL
London Lite Founding member
Does the little interview 'studio' with a sofa have a name?

I think it's called something along the lines of the "digital studio"
CU
Cusack
There was a terribly corny report on the News at Ten last night about how the virus is effecting the jobs or the young ones. It included a young guy with a basketball - the reporter saying that he hopes to bounce back. Then there was a guy who had trained to be a pilot 'who has his wings clipped'. It was like the producers of Homes Under The Hammer with their corny music choices had been let loose on the news.
DeMarkay, W1LL and FelixJBAuk gave kudos
RD
RDJ
Charlene is hosting her own show on CITV this weekend.
‘IRL with Team Charlene’ starts this weekend and talks about racial equality at a kids level.

Charlene now a newscaster, a Loose Women presenter and a Kids TV presenter. Is there anything else she can’t do?

Charlene confirmed in an interview today on ITV News Central that it was the ITV News studio redressed. It consists of a blue curtain and lots of brightly coloured props.
Ben Shatliff and DeMarkay gave kudos
AM
Alfie Mulcahy

I wonder how much is CSO (bieng in ITN Studio 1) and how much is real
JK
JKDerry

There is no CSO used - simply props brought into the studio, with the curtain used to hide a large chunk of the green screen which fills all of Studio 1
AM
Alfie Mulcahy

There is no CSO used - simply props brought into the studio, with the curtain used to hide a large chunk of the green screen which fills all of Studio 1

Right. But seems a bit odd that they have a (very good) CSO setup that they're not using.
AM
Alfie Mulcahy
Sidenote: Does anyone know the name of the Track used for 'Brexit Night Live' and for The 2019 ITV Debates I'm assuming in David Hewson again but can't find the track
PI
pip2

Right. But seems a bit odd that they have a (very good) CSO setup that they're not using.

Much cheaper, quicker and easier to fling up a curtain and pop a few props in front of it though.
AM
Alfie Mulcahy
pip2 posted:

Much cheaper, quicker and easier to fling up a curtain and pop a few props in front of it though.

True.

16 days later

AM
Alfie Mulcahy
Just seen a trailer for ITV News with the Tagline 'Independent TV News is what we stand for'

The font wasn't reem and looked an awful lot like the Guardian's front.

Edit: Silly late night mixup between Rieth and Reem 🤦‍♂️
Last edited by Alfie Mulcahy on 17 October 2020 11:38pm - 2 times in total

Newer posts