TV Home Forum

New Sky channels: Crime, Comedy, Documentaries, Nature

Sky Documentaries, History and Nature now launched (August 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BS
BiggieSMLZ

What’s the font here? Gill Sans? Reith? Something else?
JL
J. Lyric
It's Gill.
ME
Martin E
]Sky registered a trademark last month for Sky Vantage... whatever that will be!

Sky registered a trademark last month for Sky Vantage... whatever that will be!

I think it will be a premium service

Maybe its a rebrand of Sky Atlantic?
They also registered a "Sky Connect" - my guess is that that would be something to do with internet.

Unless they mean literally as in you connect to people so a rebrand of Movies24
Last edited by Martin E on 30 September 2020 12:03pm - 4 times in total
ST
Stuart

Why would Comcast want to rebrand a successful Europe-wide channel showing US imports as 'Sky Vantage'?
They also registered a "Sky Connect" - my guess is that that would be something to do with internet.

Why would Comcast put the Sky brand on a free movie channel, and how would the name 'Sky Connect' be any indication of that channel's purpose?
MI
TheMike
Sky Vantage sounds like a premium loyality scheme...
DeMarkay and Lynetwork gave kudos
ST
Stuart

That was a loyalty scheme originally called 'Sky Atlantic VIP' and had its own HD/SD EPG slots in the 900s, showing a few hours of random programmes. I believe it has been re-titled Sky VIP.
JA
JAS84

Why would Comcast want to rebrand a successful Europe-wide channel showing US imports as 'Sky Vantage'?

Why would Comcast put the Sky brand on a free movie channel, and how would the name 'Sky Connect' be any indication of that channel's purpose?
Good point, though they clearly no longer have any concern about the Sky brand on a free channel considering Sky Arts was launched on Freeview.
VA
valley
JAS84 posted:

Good point, though they clearly no longer have any concern about the Sky brand on a free channel considering Sky Arts was launched on Freeview.

And Sky News...
PF
PFML84
Movies 24 isn't free either, but you don't need the movie pack to get it. It's included with the entertainment package.
LL
London Lite Founding member
JAS84 posted:

In the case of News and Arts, these are two channels that bring distinctive programming to a wider audience that doesn't threaten their pay-tv model. If anything, Sky Arts in the FTA era on Freeview and Freesat is as much a promotional product for those viewers to invest in Sky or NOW TV to either watch those Arts shows in HD or on-demand using their own platforms in addition to the premium programming Sky also provide.
PL
Plektrum

I’m inclined to think similarly - that and Sky Connect sound like products rather than channel brands.

I think if Sky do launch more channel brands I would expect them to be more genre specific like Sky Comedy & Sky Docs.
BR
Brekkie
Firstly is the quick promo style with the logo then programme title appearing on a transparent bar at the bottom of the screen new? It looks rather nice on the Eomething About Movies promo.

Secondly tomorrow Sky Arts have a 12 hour broadcast The Third Day: Autumn, "taking you deeper into the world of the Third Day". Seems it is a 12 hour live episode sitting at the half way point of the series airing on Sky Atlantic.

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2020-09-15/third-day-explained-live-episode/

Newer posts