TV Home Forum

Spitting Image to return on BritBox

CO
Cold Open West Country (East) Points West
P*ers M*rgan being deemed worthy of a Spitting Image puppet is exactly the sort of ego-stroke that he should not be given.
Last edited by Cold Open on 30 September 2020 3:18pm - 2 times in total
We each have our own particular prose or way of expressing ourselves, ranging from concise to verbose.
WH
Whataday Founding member Wales Wales Today
Anyway (he says, steering the thread away from closure), it's interesting that we haven't heard the theme tune during any of this promo isn't it?
AM
AlfieMulcahy Meridian (South East) South East Today
Anyway (he says, steering the thread away from closure), it's interesting that we haven't heard the theme tune during any of this promo isn't it?

I was thinking the same thing yesterday. I hope they keep the original tune. But possibly played in a different way.

I also wonder what the credits will be like (sharing ITV style?, New BritBox corporate style?, Individual?)
Hello, I'm using WhatsApp
MU
MrUdagawa Tyne Tees London
The theme tune was amazing, really hoping it does stay.
Blake Connolly and AlfieMulcahy gave kudos
LL
Larry the Loafer Granada North West Today
I'm hoping for the original theme. I'm expecting a rearrangement. I'm fearing a complete replacement.
BG
Big-G Central (East) East Midlands Today
Have they got a programme sponsor yet?

Because I'd love it to be sponsored by DUREX
SP
Spencer Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
I'm hoping for the original theme. I'm expecting a rearrangement. I'm fearing a complete replacement.

There were of course several (at least three?) different arrangements of the theme over the show's original run. Agreed, a new arrangement seems likely.
London Lite and AlfieMulcahy gave kudos
WH
Whataday Founding member Wales Wales Today
Big-G posted:
Have they got a programme sponsor yet?

It's a subscription show so won't have advertising.
HC
Hatton Cross Central (West) Midlands Today

There were of course several (at least three?) different arrangements of the theme over the show's original run. Agreed, a new arrangement seems likely.

Although there's nothing about it on Phillip Pope's twitter account. If he'd been involved (like he was throughout the original run) there might have been a stray tweet here and there...
Readers are warned that this post contains some flash photography
LL
London Lite Recently warned London London
Been watching the Spitting Image extras on Britbox and for some reason the original Spitting Image logo on the voice artist's T-shirt who played Mrs Thatcher was blurred out.
AM
AlfieMulcahy Meridian (South East) South East Today
Odd.

Edit: Sorry for shortness 😳
Last edited by AlfieMulcahy on 4 October 2020 5:14pm - 2 times in total
Hello, I'm using WhatsApp
BR
Brekkie Recently warned Wales Wales Today
A US equivalent starts tonight.

Turns out nobody had 2020 vision.

Newer posts