The Newsroom

US ELECTIONS 2020 Coverage

With added Impeachment 2.0 (August 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JO
Jon
Personally, I’d rather watch Andrew Neil’s US election coverage than anyone else’s, so I’m glad they’re not wasting the opportunity to use him for a final big event.

Surely both parties are just seeing out the agreement they made with regards the coverage, I don’t see why he shouldn’t be allowed to have one last hurrah.
DO
dosxuk
BBC have confirmed Andrew Neil to present election night, then he will leave the BBC

"the US election coverage will be his last BBC presentation work" does not automatically imply he will host the election night coverage, only that he will be involved in the presentation of the entire cycle of programming around the event.
Matthew_Fieldhouse and GMc gave kudos
AJ
AJB39
The first 2020 US Presidential Debate is now scheduled on BBC World News from 1.30 am to 4 am next Wednesday morning the 30th of September. It’s not officially scheduled on the BBC News Channel yet but will be on at the same time. There will be highlights later at 7.30 am and 8.30 am on BBC World News.
JF
JF World News
AJB39 posted:
The first 2020 US Presidential Debate is now scheduled on BBC World News from 1.30 am to 4 am next Wednesday morning the 30th of September. It’s not officially scheduled on the BBC News Channel yet but will be on at the same time. There will be highlights later at 7.30 am and 8.30 am on BBC World News.

It's likely to be carried I think it's unlikely they will do bulletins overnight and some times they can be a bit slow updating schedules online at the moment. But the VP debate is in schedule for 8th October?
Last edited by JF World News on 26 September 2020 12:25pm
TM
TMD_24
I haven't seen anything about Sky showing the debate. If I remember well, they showed all three debates in 2016 with Adam Boulton from the UK and Kay Burley out in America.
VA
valley
I haven't seen anything about Sky showing the debate. If I remember well, they showed all three debates in 2016 with Adam Boulton from the UK and Kay Burley out in America.

They've been running a promo today saying they're showing the first debate on Wednesday at 2am.
Out of interest, Sky hope to have Burley out in the US for the election week, barring any visa difficulties.
BF
BFGArmy

They've been running a promo today saying they're showing the first debate on Wednesday at 2am.
Out of interest, Sky hope to have Burley out in the US for the election week, barring any visa difficulties.

Kay let out of the Lion’s Den and into the Wild
HU
hugoalabaster

BREAKING: According to the CNN, a last minute line up change for the Presidential debate... Laughing
GI
ginnyfan
Maybe she's filling in for Biden? Wink
WL
W1LL
Anyone know who the man presenting live from the debate site on Sky News is?

EDIT: Oh it’s Greg Milam.
ST
Stuart
I got up to watch the debate on BBC NC. I'm finding the sideboard information panels quite useful to explain some of the smaller issues that a non-US viewer may not understand.

I don't think the absence of an audience has made much difference.

At first I thought that Chris Wallace appeared to have lost control of the participants, although he did seem to pull it back slightly in later rounds. However, dealing with two squabbling geriatrics is probably no easier than trying to nail jelly to a wall. Shocked
SC
scottishtv Founding member
I got up to watch the debate on BBC NC. I'm finding the sideboard information panels quite useful to explain some of the smaller issues that a non-US viewer may not understand.

Ah, interesting. Nice touch, I didn't watch the BBC coverage but I've gone back to look and agree that's a useful device to explain things:

Big desks and multiple studios in use with the US networks to comply with social distancing, an example below:

CNN's Dana Bash gave her verdict: "It was a sh!tshow".

Newer posts