TV Home Forum

Strictly Come Dancing | 2020

(August 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BA
bilky asko
Cando posted:
The way things are going at the moment I suspect the audience might be pulled for the early shows, but I think if they can go ahead it'll actually work quite well. The trickier thing may be the Clauditorium, but I guess if they only have the dancers being interviewed up there it'll be easy enough with social distancing.

Will be nice too that the judges have room to swing a cat at their desks - they've always looked so cramped compared to other talent shows.

https://www.bbc.com/news/explainers-54271411

The Clauditorium is axed it seems. Couples will sit in the audience around tables.

The link posted by all new Phil above says that Claudia will still interview individual couples upstairs, with the rest indeed sitting at tables opposite the judges.
Cando and tightrope78 gave kudos
BR
Brekkie
Any news on It Takes Two - doesn't seem to be mentioned in that article and would be understandable if they'd had to ditch it or at least scale it back.
GO
gottago
Any news on It Takes Two - doesn't seem to be mentioned in that article and would be understandable if they'd had to ditch it or at least scale it back.

It's definitely coming back as they've been looking for people to work on it.
TV
iloveTV1
Also confirmed is that if a contestant tests positive for COVID-19, then they will be ejected.
:-(
A former member
Also confirmed is that if a contestant tests positive for COVID-19, then they will be ejected.

Out of Russell Grant’s cannon I hope.
ET
ethanh05

Out of Russell Grant’s cannon I hope.

Behave.
JA
JAS84

Makes sense, considering the self-isolation would cause them to miss two episodes, and they only usually allow a one week bye.

But I wonder what would happen if this happens multiple times, causing them to have too few contestants left?
JO
Jonwo
JAS84 posted:

Makes sense, considering the self-isolation would cause them to miss two episodes, and they only usually allow a one week bye.

But I wonder what would happen if this happens multiple times, causing them to have too few contestants left?

I'm sure they've planned for that for that scenario.
SW
Steve Williams

I can't see how you can scale it back, most of it is just people talking. Seems one of the easier programmes to make at the moment.
JK
JKDerry
Jonwo posted:
JAS84 posted:

I'm sure they've planned for that for that scenario.

I am sure they have stand by contestants on hand too. There was rumours of Mark Feehily from Westlife being involved in this year's show, maybe he is on the stand by list?
MU
MrUdagawa

I wonder where they will film It Takes Two now. TV Centre I guess. The Hospital Club has closed permanently.
VA
valley

I wonder where they will film It Takes Two now. TV Centre I guess. The Hospital Club has closed permanently.

I doubt it, unless it’s no longer done live. Riverside would be my bet.

Newer posts