TV Home Forum

BBC Cymru Wales New HQ

Move-in delayed until Summer

ST
Stuart West Country (West) Spotlight
Can anyone record the late bulletin tonight?

I've set my tellybox to record it for you. Very Happy
WH
what West Country (East) Points West
Late update passed with no mention at all. Not entirely surprising, given it’s not technically the last bulletin from the building.
CO
Cold Open West Country (East) Points West
what posted:
Late update passed with no mention at all. Not entirely surprising, given it’s not technically the last bulletin from the building.

I'm disappointed by the lack of at least a passing mention, as it's the final "standalone" bulletin (as opposed to being contained inside another programme, i.e. Breakfast) from Llandaff.
You say tomato, I say floccinaucinihilipilification.
BA
Ballyboy UTV Newsline
There should be a mention at 9:05am, gutted it won’t be as poignant just simply “ join us at 13:30 from our new home, bye”.
Last edited by Ballyboy on 27 September 2020 10:39pm
CO
There should be a mention at 9:05am

Seeing as the 09:05am regional bulletin slot is so short as to be virtually pointless, the time that it will take to mention a farewell to Llandaff won't leave time to read out any actual news/travel/weather! 😏
WH
what West Country (East) Points West

There should be a mention at 9:05am, gutted it won’t be as poignant just simply “ join us at 13:30 from our new home, bye”.

I’d keep an eye out for their coverage of the Welsh coronavirus briefing at 12:30 also. That will be their last bulletin from BH.
BA
Ballyboy UTV Newsline
I’ll watch on Iplayer tomorrow
Last edited by Ballyboy on 27 September 2020 10:53pm
JO
Josh
Twitter tells me that the 12:30 briefing will come from Central Square:

Fan of the media industry from the UK.
ST
Stuart West Country (West) Spotlight
I'm pleased I didn't bother uploading it.
DE
denton
Its another Pebble Mill scenario. The actual studios are fine, purpose built and in nice surroundings. A refit would have sufficed but no there has to be another silly impractical office space with a few studios shoved in. A waste of money.

That's all well and good, but the building itself wasn't in great condition. Believe me, you wouldn't want to find yourself working in an office late at night with a storm raging outside, with the wind and rain rattling those old windows for all they were worth. It must have cost a bomb to heat the place too...energy efficient it certainly wasn't! That said, it will be missed by a lot of people who worked there.

You want to try Broadcasting House in Belfast. The windows are 80 years old, many can no longer be closed. I've witnessed it snowing in a corridor on more than one occasion.
ST
South Today
Ghost posted:
Here’s Politics Wales’s dip into the archive (starts at 26:57):

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000n3pp/politics-wales-27092020

What a terribly awkward close... just neck whatever was in his mug!
CO
Ghost posted:
Here’s Politics Wales’s dip into the archive (starts at 26:57):

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000n3pp/politics-wales-27092020

I don't like James Williams' habit of pointing at the camera.

Newer posts