TV Home Forum

Channel U to return to TV

Grime channel to return in November (September 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
TL
Tyler LastName
Looks like Channel U (a grime channel that went off the air in 2018) is going to make a return in November.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-54279430
Hopefully this isn’t like when someone teased that Scuzz will return (It’s not, obviously since it’s getting press coverage, unlike Scuzz which was just some Kid’s fantasy)
PF
PFML84
Did Scuzz TV's 'return' even get mentioned anywhere apart from its own fake Twitter page? Can't recall the BBC reporting on it...
TL
Tyler LastName
Did Scuzz TV's 'return' even get mentioned anywhere apart from its own fake Twitter page? Can't recall the BBC reporting on it...

No, the “return” of Scuzz was just a fake Twitter account. Digging deeper to the Channel U relaunch, apparently they’re bringing it back to promote a film called “Against all odds”.
DJ
DJGM
Channel U:
A channel full of chav music which will be deleted from my TV and YouView box as soon as it makes an unwelcome appearance.
JO
Jon
What a snobby little post.

It’s fine to not understand the culture or like the music, but it’s very disrespectful to dismiss a group of people who have a different taste to you in that way.
Last edited by Jon on 25 September 2020 4:29pm - 2 times in total
DM
DeMarkay
Jon posted:
What a snobby little post.

It’s fine to not understand the culture or like the music, but it’s very disrespectful to dismiss a group of people who have a different taste to you in that way.

I was about to say something that wasn’t very nice, but you’ve put it into the correct way for me Laughing
MO
Mockah
At least grime finally has a bit more respect.
London Lite, Sh1ruba and DeMarkay gave kudos
DB
dbl
DJGM posted:
Channel U:
A channel full of chav music which will be deleted from my TV and YouView box as soon as it makes an unwelcome appearance.

"Chav music" A very outdated opinion, this isn't 2002.
AS
Asa Admin
Think we can call it a day on this thread. And a member might want to avoid sweeping generalisations in future.

Newer posts