TV Home Forum

What was your favorite regional ITV station growing up?

A question asking which ITV station you grew up watching. (April 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BL
bluecortina
I’m surprised no-one has mentioned it’s ITV’s 65th birthday today.
DM
DeMarkay
I’m surprised no-one has mentioned it’s ITV’s 65th birthday today.

Every time... please read the forum before you post.

what posted:
Happy 65th ITV! You may not last another 65 the way things are going, but there’s still cause for celebration.
RO
robertclark125
Apart from Central and Granada, which other companies in the 80s and 90s had a teatime goals round upon a Saturday? Also, how good were they? There are some companies that wouldn't have had one, Border might have been an example. They had just one EFL club and three Scottish league clubs (Stranraer, Queen of the South, Berwick Rangers) in their territory. Could Border have had Rugby results in their programme though?
MA
Markymark
Apart from Central and Granada, which other companies in the 80s and 90s had a teatime goals round upon a Saturday? Also, how good were they? There are some companies that wouldn't have had one, Border might have been an example. They had just one EFL club and three Scottish league clubs (Stranraer, Queen of the South, Berwick Rangers) in their territory. Could Border have had Rugby results in their programme though?

Living in the south, it was quite a rare event for Saints or Pompy to actually score goals, so TVS didn't bother

158 days later

IS
Inspector Sands
Aha, what I was thinking of was Scanimate, which was an analog computer animation system invented by the Computer Image Corporation
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scanimate

It did do one British ident, not Tyne Tees but the 1982 TSW one!

This was the video I was looking for, an compilation of the best 15 Scanimate logos, and TSW is included:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ROG3KCDdFU

Replying to an old post of mine as this has just appeared on YouTube. This is a Scanimate machine, possibly the last one left:

JO
Joe
Such a great video, thanks for sharing. Interesting on so many levels, to me.

Newer posts