TV Home Forum

New Sky channels: Crime, Comedy, Documentaries, Nature

Sky Documentaries, History and Nature now launched

JL
J. Lyric

Not too long ago, I mocked up what those two could potentially look like
boredom makes you do things - i like to do things with the sky logo system
AN
all new Phil Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
They also registered a "Sky Connect" - my guess is that that would be something to do with internet.

“Connect” sounds a bit old fashioned to refer to the internet, no? You don’t really connect any more, everything tends to be always-on.
ST
Stuart West Country (West) Spotlight
Sky registered a trademark last month for Sky Vantage... whatever that will be!

Sky Vantage Productions appears to be a company producing aerial and ground filming services across the UK which is used by the BBC, ITV and C4.

Perhaps Sky have trademarked the name to stop anyone else using it, or as the start of a legal claim about the use of the name if it's not actually their company.
JL
J. Lyric
Sky Vantage Productions appears to be a company producing aerial and ground filming services across the UK which is used by the BBC, ITV and C4.

That Beeb logo they're using is horrendous

boredom makes you do things - i like to do things with the sky logo system
AM
AlfieMulcahy Meridian (South East) South East Today

Why can't they ever seem to use the correct ones. They got ITV wrong too
Hello, I'm using WhatsApp
JO
Josh
Pedantically speaking, the ITV logo is correct as that is the corporate logo which refers to ITV as a whole (all of the channels, regions and assets) rather than the channel ITV(1).
Fan of the media industry from the UK.
RO
rob Founding member Meridian (Thames Valley) South Today
Ignore.
Last edited by rob on 24 September 2020 10:10am
TV Live - The home of TV presentation.
JO
Joe

Whilst clearly the wrong choice, I think that version of the logo is actually designed for use at very small sizes. So an official, proper version but used in the wrong case. I could see somebody who isn't design-minded readily selecting that from a folder of assets, not knowing what it was for.
AG
AxG Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
It's clearly a mocked up logo, or we'd have seen it before in the past 23 years.
IS
Inspector Sands
That's similar to the odd BBC logo that gets displayed when a BBC job advert is posted on Facebook. So it's in their system somewhere. Maybe they downloaded it from a job ad
SP
Spencer Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
That's similar to the odd BBC logo that gets displayed when a BBC job advert is posted on Facebook. So it's in their system somewhere. Maybe they downloaded it from a job ad

Yes, it seems to be the Open Graph image for pages on the BBC Careers website...

JO
Joe
AxG posted:
It's clearly a mocked up logo, or we'd have seen it before in the past 23 years.

I have.

Newer posts