TV Home Forum

The Weakest Link - US Reboot

Some interesting format and presentation changes (September 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JO
Jon
I think the format would probably be a bit below her and I couldn’t imagine her pulling off the mean act to the contestants directly

I think Rob Rinder is probably still the best call. But it might be a too obvious choice and I’m not sure how ITV would feel about it if it was daily show.
JO
Jonwo
Jon posted:
I think the format would probably be a bit below her and I couldn’t imagine her pulling off the mean act.

I think Victoria could pull it off and she can be snarky when she wants to be.
JO
Jon
I’m not sure she’d want to be known for ‘punching down’ at call centre workers or nurses though.
JO
Jonwo
Jon posted:
I’m not sure she’d want to be known for ‘punching down’ at call centre workers or nurses though.

I don't think Victoria would punch down someone just because of their professions and something tells me that the snark that would be light hearted rather than malicious, something along the lines of the burns she does on Only Connect would be fine and most people would take it on the chin.
BR
Brekkie
Jon posted:
I think Rob Rinder is probably still the best call. But it might be a too obvious choice and I’m not sure how ITV would feel about it if it was daily show.

Considering how often ITV replace Judge Rinder with Dickenson's Real Deal I don't think they'd be too bothered if he jumped ship.
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
Jon posted:

Considering how often ITV replace Judge Rinder with Dickenson's Real Deal I don't think they'd be too bothered if he jumped ship.

There doesn't appear to be any permanent show at 2pm or even 3pm these days on ITV, its a constant rotation of a few different shows every few weeks, the 3pm hour could quite easily be anything. Most of the rest of the daytime schedule is fixed. These two hours aren't.

Anyway Judge Rinder gets the "honour" of the old Jeremy Kyle repeat slot, albeit the 5am airing but that doesn't get a mass of promotion, as you might expect.
BR
Brekkie
It's a good thing they do still mix the 2pm and 3pm slots up - shame they don't do it at 4pm too, or at least move Tipping Point to 3pm sometimes when it is in repeats to try new shows at 4pm. The Chase has had a short break most years too which at least gave them Tipping Point, but it's generally more miss than hit with the replacements. Bradley's other show is just terrible IMO - can't think of what it's called at the moment but it's format just makes it feel like the same episode with the same contestants for days and days on end.
RO
rob Founding member
Bradley's other show is just terrible IMO - can't think of what it's called at the moment but it's format just makes it feel like the same episode with the same contestants for days and days on end.

Cash Trapped. Smile
DM
DeMarkay

That theme tune remix is god awful.
JO
Jonwo
Another clip from The Weakest Link:
FA
fanoftv
Do the graphics appear and disappear on the full version or just on that clip? It’s quite distracting.
JO
Josh
Bradley's other show is just terrible IMO - can't think of what it's called at the moment but it's format just makes it feel like the same episode with the same contestants for days and days on end.

Newer posts