TV Home Forum

Spitting Image to return on BritBox

(March 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
WH
Whataday Founding member
Spitting Image is already causing uproar on Twitter as they've revealed a Greta Thunberg puppet.

People appear to be outraged that a "child" should be mocked etc etc.

17 year old Greta on the other hand seems to have a sense of humour about it.

JO
Jonwo
Compared to the others, Greta got off pretty lightly!
AM
Alfie Mulcahy
Full trailer released on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/DqRa0-ZeP0I
WH
Whataday Founding member
Okay I find that less exciting than the teaser clips. Barely a Brit in sight.
BA
bilky asko
Spitting Image is already causing uproar on Twitter as they've revealed a Greta Thunberg puppet.

People appear to be outraged that a "child" should be mocked etc etc.

17 year old Greta on the other hand seems to have a sense of humour about it.

It doesn't surprise me that Greta Thunberg has a better sense of humour than James Felton and Aaron Bastani.

I suppose it depends on how representative of the final programme the trailer is, in any case it's not put me off and a think I'll be watching it.
AM
Alfie Mulcahy

I think theve just tried to show a range in the trailer. In the full list quite a large amount are Brits.

Boris Johnson
Kier Starmer
Priti Patel
Rishi Sunak
Matt Hancock
Piers Morgan
The Royals
Dominic Cummings
Micheal Gove
Dominic Raab
Tyson Fury
Gavin Williamson

(From the ones announced so far)
JO
Jonwo
Have to admit, I laughed at the Gwyneth Paltrow's Anus Oil bit!
peterrocket, DeMarkay and Alfie Mulcahy gave kudos
LL
Larry the Loafer
I'll certainly still be watching but some of it does have a whiff of Newzoids rather than Spitting Image. The fact that they've already upset people is a good sign though.
JO
Jonwo
I fully expect Spitting Image to be hit and miss quality wise. We all remember the great sketches in the original series but I bet there were a number of dud ones.
AM
Alfie Mulcahy
I worry about it's success on BritBox. Mabey they should create a 'Best of 2020' episode that will air on ITV
JO
Jonwo
I worry about it's success on BritBox. Mabey they should create a 'Best of 2020' episode that will air on ITV

Being on BritBox means they don't have to worry about traditional ratings.

It's a commission for BritBox so a special airing on ITV is very unlikely to happen.
HC
Hatton Cross
..Unless ITV want to activly push for Britbox subscriptions.
The danger is, most people will wait for all the episodes to be uploaded, and then just binge watch them all on a free 7 day trial offer, then end it before the first monthly charge hits your plastic card bill..

..or try and guess the avoiding keywords in the title when someone uploads the full edition to You Tube..

Newer posts