TV Home Forum

The Sport Thread

For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own (July 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
VA
valley
I spent a while looking at Street View trying to work out if there'd be space on the edge of Ealing Studios and if Walpole Park has big enough trees and whether they'd get enough light...

Dragging up something from two pages ago, but anyway, here's a tweet from Maidstone Studios of their TdF setup.

Hatton Cross, thegeek and UKnews gave kudos
DV
dvboy
Assume that's the temporary set they would have taken round each stage had it been a normal Tour.
HC
Hatton Cross
I spent a while looking at Street View trying to work out if there'd be space on the edge of Ealing Studios and if Walpole Park has big enough trees and whether they'd get enough light...

Dragging up something from two pages ago, but anyway, here's a tweet from Maidstone Studios of their TdF setup.

And I suppose geographically, the closest studio facility we have to mainland France..
DV
DVB Cornwall
This is quite a story making it's way to BBC iPlayer tonight

JO
Josh
The commentary and graphics for the FA Cup match has disappeared on the Red Button.
SP
Steve in Pudsey
Is it meant to be a single camera job or is this the emergency iso feed of a single camera?
DV
DVB Cornwall
This is standard for these 'extra' matches. 1+2 at best.
DV
DVB Cornwall
Hashtag United 4-2 Soham Town Rangers (on Penalties) 1-1 after 90mins
JO
Josh
Looks like the Hashtag United fanbase has brought along some trolls...

(Content warning: Racial slur)

JO
Jon
Sky graphics on the England Women’s T20 highlights. Not sure about the commentary.

I wonder if they’ll bother to have their own feed for the live games.
BB
BBI45
Sky Sports News has been taken off air by a fire alarm. Sky News has also had broadcasting interrupted.

MA
madmusician
Jon posted:
Sky graphics on the England Women’s T20 highlights. Not sure about the commentary.

I wonder if they’ll bother to have their own feed for the live games.

Sounded like Sky comms to me (although I didn’t see any of the Sky coverage tonight - but pretty sure I’m right)

I’d have thought that they will have their own feed and commentary for the live match, but clearly they are doing these highlights shows with a skeleton talent and crew.

Newer posts