The Newsroom

Fire alarm at Sky News

Split from Sky News | October 2019 Onwards (September 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
CW
CraigWills
Sky News at Eleven interrupted “by a fire alarm in the area where our programme is controlled from”, says Anna Botting.
We’re now seeing ‘stand by tape’ from Martin Brunt with Conman: The life and crimes of Mark Acklom.
JJ
Juicy Joe Founding member
Sky News have just announced a fire alarm in the buildings which control their programmes. Just after 11.10pm. Hence, they have just abandoned their live studio coverage and gone straight to trailers and adverts.
DV
DVB Cornwall
Sky Sports News off air at present.
VA
valley
Sky News have just announced a fire alarm in the buildings which control their programmes. Just after 11.10pm. Hence, they have just abandoned their live studio coverage and gone straight to trailers and adverts.

Oh dear - emergency tape time. Hopefully it’s nothing serious and they’re back on air soon.
BR
Brekkie
Sky News at Eleven interrupted “by a fire alarm in the area where our programme is controlled from”, says Anna Botting.
We’re now seeing ‘stand by tape’ from Martin Brunt with Conman: The life and crimes of Mark Acklom.

Did everyone else read that as Conman: The life and crimes of Mark Austin? Very Happy
VA
valley

Fire alarm in Sky Studios. Sky News is on the backup tape at the moment, SSN has a replay of the last hour on tape normally but that relies on someone in TX being able to run it.
RE
Reece24

JL
jlmiller

Fire alarm in Sky Studios. Sky News is on the backup tape at the moment, SSN has a replay of the last hour on tape normally but that relies on someone in TX being able to run it.

Are there any other channels off air at the moment?
VA
valley

Are there any other channels off air at the moment?

Not as far as I can tell. All other Sky Sports channels were showing taped programming other than Racing which I’m not sure about as I don’t have access to it - it comes from a different building though so if it is supposed to be live, it probably still is.
CU
Curto21
Main event is now on adverts
CW
CraigWills

Worth mentioning here that Sky Sports News also affected, although no standby tape available for them, instead they’ve got some classic breakdown music and a breakdown slide.
BB
BBI45

Looks like Sky Sports News has also been taken off air by the fire alarm.

EDIT: Craig beat me to it.

Newer posts