The Newsroom

Coronavirus | Television News Coverage

(February 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
LL
London Lite Founding member
Well at least we won't have to endure the makeshift studio in the exhibition hall with all the background noise this year.
JF
JF World News

According to RobBurley Politics Live will commence at 9am on BBC TWO tomorrow.

At the time I wrote that it was 11am, but I'm surprised that they axed the News at Nine

Yes I was thinking the same. Politics Live will have a two hour build up to the labour leader’s speech, seems a little excessive.

Ah Labour has moved the speech to 9am
MB
Media Box

At the time I wrote that it was 11am, but I'm surprised that they axed the News at Nine

Yes I was thinking the same. Politics Live will have a two hour build up to the labour leader’s speech, seems a little excessive.

Ah Labour has moved the speech to 9am

Because of Bojo's Commons statement at 1230 (Starmer expected to be back in the chamber for that).
GE
thegeek Founding member
Katty Kay on the unnamed 9pm dual-header is back presenting from her basement - when questioned about it by Christian Fraser, she said she woke up with a sore throat and went for a Covid test today, and is back to working from home while waiting for a result. As she pointed out on air, we're probably going to see a lot more of this over the coming months.
TM
TMD_24
PM to address the nation at 8pm tomorrow as well as Commons statement at 12:30pm.
BR
Brekkie
Will likely bump Bake Off back a few minutes and perhaps give C4 a rare victory for something simulcast on BBC1.
LV
LondonViewer
ITV updated with 30 mins of coverage from 8pm.
CM
cmthwtv
BBC to follow with a News Special on One and the News Channel.
RD
RDJ
ITV updated with 30 mins of coverage from 8pm.

Interesting. They didn’t even have a News Special for the initial lockdown announcement.

And this time, the details of what to expect are likely to be revealed in the Commons earlier in the day.
SA
StarlightArthur
Could I ask where the best source for updated listings would be? I’ve tried the following but can’t find the ITV special anywhere.

ITV.com
Radiotimes
Tvguide
Digiguide
TVPlayer

Thanks
BR
Brekkie
Your EPG.
FC
FrancesC
Politics Live will be on BBC One at 12.15.

Newer posts