Coronavirus | Television News Coverage

(February 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
CM
cmthwtv
Tonight at Ten - tomorrow at 11....
BR
Brekkie
When we had the daily press conferences it seemed to me that the half hour beforehand acted as a huge spoiler. Will we see the same or will the embargo effect still be active?

I suspect any switch to BBC1 might be left till 11am as they usually start late, though with no cabinet minister they may just leave it on BBC2 - though probably not worth the attacks.

Looks like the Wales ones are back in the BBC1 schedules too.
AS
Asa Admin
I’ve just warned three people and banned JKDerry for a week for off topic posts.

Please read the community guidelines topic. This can’t just be the moderators mopping up comments as they’re posted - it needs members to actively think about what they’re posting too.
harshy, London Lite and deejay gave kudos
JF
JF World News
When we had the daily press conferences it seemed to me that the half hour beforehand acted as a huge spoiler. Will we see the same or will the embargo effect still be active?

I suspect any switch to BBC1 might be left till 11am as they usually start late, though with no cabinet minister they may just leave it on BBC2 - though probably not worth the attacks.

Looks like the Wales ones are back in the BBC1 schedules too.

I'm surprised by the timing as the government are clashing with Shadow Chancellor Anneliese Dodds for her keynote speech to Labour's Conference. I thought it would be later in the day. although it appears to be shorten...
AA
aaron_scotland
BBC 2 have a 'BBC News Special' at 11:45 so unless the Briefing was moved, wonder what that is?

EDIT: And as I post that, this briefing is now on BBC 1 at 11
BR
Brekkie
Forgot it was conference season. Guess they're all virtual this year.
TM
TMD_24
PM is making a statement in the Commons tomorrow at 12:30pm on Coronavirus. Wonder if it means Politics Live gets moved to BBC One tomorrow then?
NL
Ne1L C
Might be a Politics Live special. Sky haven't changed their EPG yet.
JF
JF World News
PM is making a statement in the Commons tomorrow at 12:30pm on Coronavirus. Wonder if it means Politics Live gets moved to BBC One tomorrow then?

Politics Live is starting at 11am to cover Kier Starmer's speech to Labour Conference on BBC Two
SA
StarlightArthur

Politics Live is starting at 11am to cover Kier Starmer's speech to Labour Conference on BBC Two

According to RobBurley Politics Live will commence at 9am on BBC TWO tomorrow.

JF
JF World News

At the time I wrote that it was 11am, but I'm surprised that they axed the News at Nine
SA
StarlightArthur

At the time I wrote that it was 11am, but I'm surprised that they axed the News at Nine

Yes I was thinking the same. Politics Live will have a two hour build up to the labour leader’s speech, seems a little excessive.

Newer posts