The Newsroom

Coronavirus | Television News Coverage

(February 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
MF
Matthew_Fieldhouse
Tom Newton Dunn from Times Radio being interviewed on Newsnight in studio E. He must be one of the first non BBC people to be interviewed in person in the studio (MPs on the Marr show aside).

Also been other guests in studio on Newsnight, remember Justine Greening
BR
Brekkie
Another 10pm embargo tonight.

EDIT: A 10pm embargo on an announcement they'll be a briefing at 11am tomorrow.
Last edited by Brekkie on 20 September 2020 10:02pm
VA
valley
Another 10pm embargo tonight.

Seems to be a CMO and CSA briefing tomorrow at 11am.
NL
Ne1L C
What does sky means by a “data briefing”?
VA
valley
What does sky means by a “data briefing”?

Sky News mean that the Chief Medical Officer and Chief Scientific Advisor will present a briefing showing (and explaining) data about the spread of the virus.
NL
Ne1L C
Ah, got it. Didn’t understand the term.Thanks.
JJ
Juicy Joe Founding member
Ahh!! A new episode of the Coronavirus Briefing with Whitty and Vallance only. Should be good fun!
BR
Brekkie
If it is just them two would it be the first without a cabinet minister?
NL
Ne1L C
It might be I’ve not heard of any minister free conference.
AN
Andrew Founding member
If it is just them two would it be the first without a cabinet minister?

Might be a good idea remove politics from the situation, as more people might think about complying rather than the usual suspects not doing ‘because Tories’

Although those same sorts will probably just obsess over Boris ‘not being bothered to turn up’ instead.

I’m sure Whitty will be characteristicly grave without Boris putting a positive spin on proceedings which might get people to listen and take notice

I wish they’d stop messing around with the time slot though, with many now back to work or school, doing it in daytime isn’t great scheduling
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
Ahh!! A new episode of the Coronavirus Briefing with Whitty and Vallance only. Should be good fun!

"Hello, welcome to the briefing, I'm Whitty, and he's Vallance. Coming up on today's show: We spread doom and gloom on coronavirus, the health secretary tries to book himself a test live, and we'll have Bruce Hornsby and The Range singing That's The Way It Is."
NL
Ne1L C
When we had the daily press conferences it seemed to me that the half hour beforehand acted as a huge spoiler. Will we see the same or will the embargo effect still be active?

Newer posts