Weekdays at 12.30 (September 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JO
Joe
I think the set/studio is pretty nice.
dbl, Brekkie and DeMarkay gave kudos
ST
Stuart
It was said the other day that the studio was previously a bar, mentioned when Steph was talking to the ‘lunch mates’ some of which used to go to the bar.

Perhaps it will be a bar again, although sooner than they expected.
Ittr, Soupnzi and Meridian AM gave kudos
JO
Jon
It was said the other day that the studio was previously a bar, mentioned when Steph was talking to the ‘lunch mates’ some of which used to go to the bar.

Perhaps it will be a bar again, although sooner than they expected.

It’s a shame ‘Eat Out to Help Out’ ended so soon. Channel 4 could have made up for the lack of advertising revenue by serving food.
ST
Stuart
Jon posted:
It’s a shame ‘Eat Out to Help Out’ ended so soon. Channel 4 could have made up for the lack of advertising revenue by serving food.

They could have potentially ended up with more diners than viewers. Shocked
Ittr, London Lite and Jon gave kudos
BR
Brekkie
I get the impression from that Yorkshire Day video posted earlier that it's a space let or bought by C4, rather than by Low Expectation.
JO
Joe
Jon posted:

They could have potentially ended up with more diners than viewers. Shocked

Get off the fence, Stuart, do you like the show or not?
DB
dbl
mark posted:
Perhaps controversially, I'm enjoying it. Lively, easy viewing - and I really like the studio, which is much more impressive than I was expecting.

Same here, it's not a bad show. It's quite watchable without being overbearing. I do love the converted studio space gives a rustic feel.
LL
London Lite Founding member
I noticed on Friday they did the topical news review segment from the kitchen worktop area, which allowed Steph to do her first interview from the sofa area straight afterwards.

I still can't help seeing This Morning, especially with the lower third graphics and straplines.
KK
KolonelKlink
Good grief the ratings for this are dire - if it drops under 50k I believe it technically gets rounded to zero viewers by BARB.

Three of Friday’s six 15-minute segments were rounded to 0 by BARB - the only other show that managed that was the (very) early morning repeat of Mike and Molly.
MA
Meridian AM
Good grief the ratings for this are dire - if it drops under 50k I believe it technically gets rounded to zero viewers by BARB.

Three of Friday’s six 15-minute segments were rounded to 0 by BARB - the only other show that managed that was the (very) early morning repeat of Mike and Molly.

As we have said on all these previous pages... There is not the demand for such a programme, especially at that time, when we have already had similar offerings on established programmes, which are produced to a higher standard (especially This Morning).
The studio and overall feel of the programme is very cheap. Also, the presenter is not well known enough to have her name in the title, and that won't draw people in.
However, no matter where the studio is or who is presenting, it isn't needed or wanted, as the figures show.
BR
Brekkie
Studio 10 has relaunched in Australia this week, basically changing from a Loose Women style format to something more like This Morning. They've been getting higher ratings than The Steph Show, despite Australia having a third of the population (and even less in terms of usual TV audiences), and the show facing off against two other morning shows which get twice the figures in the ratings.

I really do feel for those involved - nobody expected it to be a hit out of the gate but I don't think anyone saw it being this bad. Which three segments got the zero rating - was it the early half or the latter half? Cutting it to an hour (perhaps squeeze in a repeat of Mike and Molly) would be the starting point to try and build it up surely, ditching the lowest rated half hour.

Alternatively with it clearly ripping off This Morning perhaps it would actually rate better head to head with This Morning.
VM
VMPhil
It's not really that bad of a show, it just doesn't stand out against the already established offerings elsewhere. And being on Channel 4, you go in expecting it to be an alternative to those shows.

Newer posts