TV Home Forum

The Sport Thread

For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own (July 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
VA
valley
rdd posted:
An interesting one for tonight’s match is that it’s actually on USA Network in the States rather than NBC, who are carrying the US Open this year which has moved from Fox.

Yes, USA Network has kind of become an overspill network for NBC ever since Comcast bought the channel from GE. They showed Premier League matches during the 2014 Winter Olympics from memory.
DV
dvboy
Penultimate day of the Tour Dr France and Eurosport lost their pictures and then sound.
DV
DVB Cornwall
Quite a story developing in connection with comments made by Patrice Evra on Sky Sports during tonight's Premier League coverage. This will not go away quickly.
VA
valley
Quite a story developing in connection with comments made by Patrice Evra on Sky Sports during tonight's Premier League coverage. This will not go away quickly.

Cates apologised on air later in the programme - I doubt there will be any repercussions:
Quote:
"We have to clarify a comment made earlier in the programme suggesting that there may have been a relationship between Wilfried Zaha and David Moyes' daughter. We understand that Wilfried Zaha has never met David Moyes' daughter and that the claim made by Patrice was false and we apologise for any offence caused."
JO
Jon
Yes, the only way it would go any further is if Moyes wanted to make a bigger thing out of it. Which I doubt he would.
Last edited by Jon on 19 September 2020 8:51pm
TI
TIGHazard
Well, the BBC Sport DOG is a lot smaller now. So that should please some here.
BK
bkman1990
On MOTD Live on BBC One; there is now a smaller BBC Sport DOG in place at the bottom right of the screen.
BK
bkman1990
Re: Toulouse vs Ulster

Any reason why there were crowds allowed in & wearing face coverings while they watched the match today in Toulouse?

Did BT Sport or Channel 4 give reasons why this was allowed today?

TIA
JO
Jon
Because Toulouse is in France and different nations set their own rules depending on what’s happening with the virus in that country at any given time?
BK
bkman1990
Jon posted:
Because Toulouse is in France and different nations set their own rules depending on what’s happening with the virus in that country at any given time?

That's fine. Thanks for the info. Do you or anyone else here know what was the maximum capacity allowed at the stadium in Toulouse today? I don't know that information myself. I only watched a brief news report about this game on BBC Newsline before MOTD Live for Leicester v Burnley came on BBC One this evening.

EDIT: I just seen the new Top Gear trailer for BBC One. It says the new series is coming soon.
VA
valley
Do you or anyone else here know what was the maximum capacity allowed at the stadium in Toulouse today?

I'm fairly sure I read somewhere that it was 5000.
BR
Brekkie
Theres been various trials in England this weekend too.

Newer posts