TV Home Forum

Smtv Live reunion

(August 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
WH
Whataday Founding member
And Victoria Beckham remains the only Spice Girl to have no solo number 1. If I'm not mistaken, her floundering record career and the amount of money pumped into it were responsible for bankrupting her record company.

Not specifically. Telstar adopted a policy of paying people huge advances for artists that didn't end up delivering enough. They did the same to Claire Sweeney after her Big Brother appearance.
AS
Asa Admin
Cat confirmed on Saturday Kitchen this morning that they were back at the "derelict LWT studios" for the doco. She mentioned a few of the behind the scenes team worked on the SMTV back in the day too and had a bit of catch-up before going on air.
ME
mediaman2007
Asa posted:
Cat confirmed on Saturday Kitchen this morning that they were back at the "derelict LWT studios" for the doco. She mentioned a few of the behind the scenes team worked on the SMTV back in the day too and had a bit of catch-up before going on air.

I heard the bbc1 CA saying "and now on bbc1 cat deeley on a saturday morning its like being back in the 90s"
BR
Brekkie
Asa posted:

I heard the bbc1 CA saying "and now on bbc1 cat deeley on a saturday morning its like being back in the 90s"

Yes, before **** like Saturday Kitchen came along and ruined a TV institution.
TVMan, Soupnzi and mediaman2007 gave kudos
JA
james-2001
Asa posted:

You can blame the junk food ad ban too, making kids TV no longer profitable.
TVMan and mediaman2007 gave kudos
ME
mediaman2007

Luckily we now have a nation of completely healthy, slim kids now eh
DJ Dave, Brekkie and james-2001 gave kudos
ME
mediaman2007
Cat now trending on twitter - not all positive!
BR
Brekkie

Replaced by shows wanting to fatten you up.
JA
james-2001
Cat now trending on twitter - not all positive!

Twitter being uncomplimentry about celebrities, since when did that happen?
Cando, Ghost and Jon gave kudos
JO
Johnr
What is Patrick Kielty up to these days anyway? 'Debatable' deserved more than 2 series!
LL
Larry the Loafer

Doesn't explain why the BBC packed it in though.
TL
toby lerone 2016

Doesn't explain why the BBC packed it in though.

Not to be pedantic but BBC are still doing a Saturday Morning show at present just not on BBC One. Yes they stopped them after TMI ended for about 6-7 years but they blamed the way children consume television with the rise of YouTube, TikTok etc and while I mourn the death of Saturday morning tv the point for CBBC is to attract the young not us adults wanting a saturday morning show as much as I loved SMTV, Dick & Dom etc when I was at school

Newer posts