TV Home Forum

EastEnders

Kate Oates joins as Exec Producer (June 2017)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
GE
thegeek Founding member

Totally unrelated to EE, but Wendy Hurrell's garden has a great backdrop for a news bulletin!

Is it possible she was on the roof terrace of BH?
RD
RDJ
The show looks slightly different, I presume that's the new cameras in use?

Yeah, that’s the new cameras for you.

Trouble is... such a polarising change with the way the show is shot was quite jarring and makes it not look like EastEnders.
It looked like all the sets were fake... even though they’re not.
The new angles they used and the strange lighting made it look like a glowed up Hollyoaks.

It wasn’t really made obvious that we were skipping ahead in time with the first scene of the bust being put in place making it seem like we’ve carried on where we left off.

And with that, many events were unexplained such as Kat’s return and Ruby and Martin getting together even though there’s been a lockdown. I’m sure it’s because they wanted it to be natural that they’ve skipped in time, but brings a lot of unanswered questions to the viewer.

And seems like they’re rushing through the Ian and Dotty storyline to give cause to Adam’s leave of absence. Which is a shame as that could have easily been the Christmas storyline this year.

Overall I’m glad it’s back... but it’s not quite how we know it. Will see how things pan out over the next few episodes with Stacey’s return and Bianca’s return at some point if that’s still going ahead.
SC
Si-Co
For those who are interested, here’s the BTS video showing some of the new filming techniques:

<iframe width="400" height="500" frameborder="0" src="https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p08qrw92/player"></iframe>

[Sorry, can’t work out/remember how to embed it or do a shorthand link. You may have to copy and paste]
JA
james-2001
RDJ posted:
Trouble is... such a polarising change with the way the show is shot was quite jarring and makes it not look like EastEnders.
It looked like all the sets were fake... even though they’re not.
The new angles they used and the strange lighting made it look like a glowed up Hollyoaks.

I wouldn't say it looked THAT much different really. It's not like the 2009 revamp of The Bill which practically felt like an entirely different show from one episode to the next.
BR
Brekkie
Asa posted:
And a few possible split screens, not sure Mick and Linda were in the cafe at the same time.

I think half of Borehamwood were in the credits with how quick they went! And that was with the slightly longer theme tune too.

Go back to the 80's length credits and 20 minute episodes could be 25 minutes.
DB
dbl
Si-Co posted:
For those who are interested, here’s the BTS video showing some of the new filming techniques:

<iframe width="400" height="500" frameborder="0" src="https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p08qrw92/player"></iframe>

[Sorry, can’t work out/remember how to embed it or do a shorthand link. You may have to copy and paste]

I don't think that BBC video would work on here, here's the YouTube version though:

JA
james-2001
Tomorrow's first episode is the 10th birthday edition, or the closest to it seeing as they didn't have an episode on the day itself. Not that they had any particularly special storylines for it.
JA
james-2001
Some very fake looking seagulls at the start of tonight's episode. Reminds me of when the roof was taken from Underworld in Corrie and the obviously fake sky and pigeons.
PA
Parker
Understand Max/Jake Wood is leaving EE.
JA
james-2001
Showing numerous clips of Night Of The Living Dead in EastEnders, in the public domain so they wouldn't have had to pay anything to show it.
CO
Colm
Tonight's episode has the filmic treatment.
MU
Multi
Colm posted:
Tonight's episode has the filmic treatment.

I'm never usually a fan of it, but I think it really suits the show.

Newer posts