TV Home Forum

GMB using split screen for presenters

Split from This Morning (September 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
ME
mediaman2007
Sorry if its a repeated question but do piers and susanna only do monday-wednesday?
AM
Alfie Mulcahy
Sorry if its a repeated question but do piers and susanna only do monday-wednesday?

Piers only does Monday to wednesday. Susanna often does Monday to Thursday
JB
JasonB

Careful, we don’t want this thread locked too.
AS
Asa Admin

I see the question has been quickly answered, which is fair enough but this is the kind of the post we're trying to avoid going forward.
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member

Could I introduce the honourable poster to the magnifying glass at the top of the page which avoids the need for "sorry if its a repeated question".
BA
Bananas

Could I introduce the honourable poster to the magnifying glass at the top of the page which avoids the need for "sorry if its a repeated question".

That doesn't appear on my phone if I'm holding it vertically though, only horizontally.
ME
mediaman2007

Not sure i understand this post but it seems to be needless clutter
DW
DavidWhitfield
Huge difference in the seamlessness of the camera trickery on today's programme.

Yesterday, there was a noticeable blur down the centre of the screen and the background looked noticeably lighter behind Alex compared to Kate.

Compare that to today's effort (below), which, frankly, looks to me to be a whisker away from as 'natural' as the pre-COVID set-up looked as a casual viewer (providing neither Alex nor Kate dare to move their arm more than a inch or two away from their designated position, at which point the illusion is shattered somewhat...)

(As a complete aside, I think it's interesting that GMB held a feature about a constant stream of bad news being bad for people's mental health bearing in mind who they've got at the desk whipping everything up between Monday and Wednesday every week, but that's another matter which I've already bored you all with...)
Last edited by DavidWhitfield on 18 September 2020 4:28pm - 2 times in total
ST
Stuart
Huge difference in the seamlessness of the camera trickery on today's programme.

Initially this morning they had a slightly different shot of Alex, which showed the same building (with the green roof) in both halves of the split screen. They obviously then changed that to maintain the illusion above.

harshy, Si-Co and DeMarkay gave kudos
TV
thetvman
I still really can't understand why they are making so much effort with this. What's wrong with just doing split-screen? The GP will complain about their breaking social distancing. Is all this really worth it. While the effect is much better, having the green roof building appear twice just looks a bit silly and all this is not really needed.
Flux, Stuart and CraigWills gave kudos
WH
Whataday Founding member
The GP will complain about their breaking social distancing.

The general public or the Twitterati?
JO
Jon
I assumed he meant Dr Hilary.

Newer posts