TV Home Forum

Fred Dinenage and ITV How

(September 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
MA
Meridian AM
There is a new interview here with Fred Dinenage about his long career, classic TV, his love of regional TV and he talks about the new series of How coming to ITV.
https://audioboom.com/posts/7680708-fred-dinenage-empty-compartment-with-dr-alan-snyder-retro-gaming
Last edited by Meridian AM on 15 November 2020 8:56pm - 8 times in total
JA
JAS84
We already knew about How (not How 2, this is actually How 3 and will just be called How like the original series).
TE
tellyblues
Will they be able to greet viewers in the same way as before?
JA
JAS84
Doubt it. Not politically correct, racial stereotyping... Zipper
SW
Steve Williams
They had this exact same discussion when How 2 began thirty years ago, when initially they didn't do it. But then they did.
WH
Whataday Founding member
The issue with the "How" greeting is not only that it's a stereotype, it's also an inaccurate stereotype, which is a problem for a educational programme.
JA
james-2001
And now I'm reminded of Richie and Eddie's discussion on the subject on an episode of Bottom...
NL
Ne1L C
And now I'm reminded of Richie and Eddie's discussion on the subject on an episode of Bottom...

"S'up" Series 2 Episode 6 I believe.

29 days later

MA
Meridian AM
New How set, presenters and logo pictures.

DJ Dave, DE88 and Alfie Mulcahy gave kudos
FA
fanoftv
I like the throwback to the 1970’s logo. The set, similar to scrambled looks like it’s resembling a loft apartment, but by the account posting it was done at Maidstone Studios. There was something clever and science related with the white sets of How 2, but things do have to change up and this will be produced in a different way, possibly with background music in the items to fit in with current productions.
DE88, Meridian AM and Alfie Mulcahy gave kudos
SP
Steve in Pudsey
What's the significance of the 6-2-71 date on the clapperboard behind Fred?
HC
Hatton Cross
6th Feb 1971 was a Saturday - and was the day that the first golf ball was hit on the moon.

First time Fred dept'ed for Dickie Davies on World Of Sport, perhaps?

If not, then it's a very specific production team in joke.

Newer posts