The Newsroom

The Sky News Thread

(October 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
MA
Markymark
Umm, Sky having a

They picked the wrong Sunderland - the hamlet in Cumbria, part of the Blindcrake parish.

Ha. It's like the moving map on BA Flights, always indicated the tiny village of Stansted in Kent, rather than the airport in Essex.
Hopefully the actual navigation system had the right one indicated !
DE
derek500
I commented on the strange setup not the Tweet that linked the video.

Incidentally, the BARB figures are out for Burley's new show and unsurprisingly it doesn't make top the15. Stephen Dixon makes number one with the 8am half hour of his Sunday show and number eight for the 7.30am 30 minutes.

Bet Kay loves that!

Last time I checked Stephen had a co-host...

While presenting from home, it seemed to be his cat

So Timmy's outrating Kay too! I see she's still got a bee in her bonnet about Tony Abbott.
Last edited by derek500 on 17 September 2020 4:51pm - 3 times in total
ST
Stuart

It's funny, but looks as though someone just created the text label for Sunderland and then forgot to move it to the correct position. I bet they feel silly now.

Come on, we've all done something similar at times in documents or presentations. Don't give them a hard time, as they've even hung monkeys for less in the North East. Very Happy

Quote:
Legend has it that during the Napoleonic Wars of the early 19th century, a shipwrecked monkey was hanged by the people of Hartlepool, believing him to be a French spy! To this day, people from Hartlepool are affectionately known as 'monkey hangers'.
Last edited by Stuart on 17 September 2020 4:37pm - 2 times in total
MA
Markymark

It's funny, but looks as though someone just created the text label for Sunderland and then forgot to move it to the correct position. I bet they feel silly now.

I think it's how Billy A says, they punched in the name into 'the computer' and out came the village in Cumbria ?
Although whoever did the map possibly doesn't realise Northumberland and County Durham are actually, err.. counties (There's kind of a huge clue in the name of one of them !)

It's the 'Sat Nav' generation I'm afraid Cool
Last edited by Markymark on 17 September 2020 4:45pm
VA
valley

I think it's how Billy A says, they punched in the name into 'the computer' and out came the village in Cumbria ?
Although whoever did the map possibly doesn't realise Northumberland and County Durham are actually, err.. counties (There's kind of a huge clue in the name of one of them !)

It's the 'Sav Nav' generation I'm afraid Cool

Yes, put the name in the graphics template and it will add a point.
MA
Markymark

It's the 'Sav Nav' generation I'm afraid Cool

Yes, put the name in the graphics template and it will add a point.

I was taught maths in the days of slide rules, you had to know roughly what the answer was, to interpret the correct result.

Then calculators came along......
valley, Stuart and derek500 gave kudos
MA
Markymark
Bilky, I do apologise, I was 'word blind' up thread as someone has just kindly pointed out to me 😬
TV
TVViewer256
Ridge on Sunday in Millbank this morning.
MA
Meridian AM
Ridge on Sunday in Millbank this morning.

AKA 'The Lion's Den' Very Happy

And even without the weekday lion being in there, Matt Hancock is still interviewed outside on a street. Laughing
AA
Aaron_2015
Struggling to see how using Millbank is an improvement presentation wise for Sophy Ridge, looks a bit of a mess IMO:

Everything just looks a bit ‘off’, from the cheap looking desk to the washed out screens. They’ve also made the image of Westminster the focal point of the ‘view’, then gone and dumped a huge program logo over it, so it’s not even particularly clear that it’s meant to be the HoP.

Drastic step backwards in comparison to the glass box I feel.
:-(
A former member
I thought it looked good, but I agree on the strange placement of the programme logo.

It’d be quite cool if they superimposed some banners or something along the river to look like they’d branded the Thames to fit the show. To be honest I’m surprised they haven’t done that for real for Kay’s show 😂
BR
Brekkie
Funny how everyone loves the glass box now.

Newer posts